AMC: Monday

• Members

What in GOD'S name is her real name?!!! I'll DIE now that I know this!!! A large part of the reason why I LOVED Babe was her soapy name!!! Dear GOD!!! This doesn't mean I hate her now...and I pray to GOD ABOVE that we have a miracle and she SOMEHOW makes it out of this murder attempt!! (:(:() but I'm just BESIDE myself knowing that's not her real name anymore.

Please, someone. I HAVE to now. WHAT IS IT?!! What is her real name?!!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:o

PLEASE tell me you're kidding.

DEAR GOD, tell me you're kidding.

That is ... well, I'm not gonna mince words, that SUCKS!!!

That is a HORRIBLE name!!!

I will NEVER call her "Arabella." Dear God, that completely diminishes her character, to have such a horrible name!!! What the hell?!!! She's not some princess on some kind of mushroom!!! This is ridiculous!! She's "Babe." simple, little bit country girl. I mean, "Arabella?" SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD, GOD!!!

• Members

LMAO, I forgot about that. :lol:

JSF, you baffle me. You have no problem with the fetus. You have no problem with Dixie being murdered. We tell you day after day that this show has character resembeling characters we once loved, who are now pods, and you don't care. But Babe's real name outrages you? :blink:

• Members

LMAO! You are TOO much!

I know you're half-way joking though - I mean they always call her Babe - you rarely hear Arabella.

While we're on REAL names - you do know Tad is short for another HORRIBLE name, right? Haha Actually, you know what - maybe you're not joking. I remember having a huge crush on Tad Martin back in the early 90's - and when I first heard what Tad is short for, I was shocked...in a BAD way. It took away from his appeal for at least a week! :P

• Members

I think I just died laughing. To be fair I think Annie could probably bore the serial killer to death. An alternative to that could be the SK watching Ryan and Annie be romantic and I'm sure that would lead the SK to actually kill himself.

• Members

Well, you have to understand that I'm pro-life so (demon that I am, as pro-choice activists would say) I really enjoyed Megan's job, intended or not, at undermining Erica's abortion. I though it really spoke to the fact that we know so much more about fetal development now than we did then, and undoing that particular incident was a redeeming thing, to me. So there was that aspect. The second aspect was that it was SO over-the-top, sensational and a sure-fire way to get people to know what's going on at the show. And soaps need those larger-than-life stories now. I'm sorry, but I really think we're in a time where character-driven drama, in the daytime anyway, just doesn't seem to fly. It's all about the shock. So it was socially responsible (you'll laugh at that, I know), and it was a very "shocking" story. And because it's such a contentious issue, it had MAXIMUM buzz potential. That's why I thought that was a smart move.

Dixie is cute, she's sweet. I like her. Really, I do. But when I saw how touching the death was, even if it was written in such a campy way -- and Megan clearly had it in for Cady; you could just tell with the before and the fallout -- "the" episode was PHENOMENAL. it was the best hour of soap opera I've seen in a long time. At least a year. I was literally WEEPING for a character I admittedly didn't know as well as I had Bianca and others. And letting us know that her divine knowledge let her know the true identity of Kate, for me, worked. It was nice closure.

Babe is different.

Ever since I watched this show, and ever since they brought her on in 2002 or whenever it was, I LOVED that she and her mom, Krystal, (Eakes of whom I loved for her great hosting on, I believe GAC, country music videos! :wub:) were country and Babe had such a unique name. honestly, that's one of the largest reasons why I could stomach such a backstabbing slut! It was all about "Babe." Literally. I have fond memories of being in college. She first came on around that time; I remember hearing the name "Babe" and just thinking how soapy it was! Plus, the casting of mother and daughter was just the best I've EVER seen. I mean, if I didn't know any better, I 'd think Eakes has a DIRTY little secret -- aka, that of an illegitimate daughter whom she put up for adoption -- and Alexa IS her daughter. It's just freakish how much alike they look! :wub: Oh, I digress. The name" Babe" was one of the things that drew me into AMC during college. I got semi-hooked during the baby switch -- again, all because "Babe" was in there. I'll even say that my eyes were only opened to the greatness that is Eden Riegel because of "Babe" and that storyline. :wub:

So yeah, seeing that the name "Babe" and later, her character, was the biggest reason I ever seriously considered AMC, this cuts like a KNIFE!! :(

Archived