DAYS: Monday, February 5

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watched this episode late last night after work. OUTSTANDING episode IMO!! I am amazed at how much DAYS has improved, it is a COMPLETELY different show...and I LOVE IT!

The Philip/Belle scenes and Kayla/Steve/EJ scenes were PURELY OUTSTANDING!

Jay Johnson...I don't know what he did when he left DAYS, whether it was just mature or take on some hardcore acting classes, but it paid off...this guy CAN ACT and he CAN ACT GREAT!!! He was BORN to play a villain, he is truly shining with this material and the screen chemistry he has is unbelievable. Martha Madison and him act very well opposite each other...those showdown scenes between Belle/Philip were SO deliciously great, loved EVERYTHING both of them said to each other...Philip was SOOOO cold to Belle, his words SO hurtful...but she stood her ground against him thats for sure.

Stephen Nichols was once again OUTSTANDING as Steve...that scene where he pulled the knife on EJ was CARAZZY....VERY intense!! Loved how EJ kep taking that knife and knocking it on the table, like he KNEW it was triggering one of Steve's episodes....that was very creepy!! Mary Beth Evans was also VERY good...I am glad they are pulling her more into this story and I am glad Evans has stepped up her game!

Rachel Melvin is just charming the pants of me...I am just loving her more and more each day. Loved where DAYS is going with Chelsea now (who knew I would end up liking this character.......) and Nick/Chelsea pairing is GREAT, love them!! Loved the moments between Shawn/Chelsea, I like that DAYS is mending this relationship.

Overall a great show, with OUTSTANDING acting from Madison, Johnson, Nichols, Evans and Scott!

With one month already in the books, 2007 is looking to be DAYS best year of this current decade!

• Members

This is a very enjoyable episode.

Kate is incredibly cruel! I actually felt bad for Sami when Kate went and lifted the beam that Sami couldn't move at all. Kate finding out Sami is pregnant is going to cause trouble, IMO. I'm sure the news will somehow leak to EJ via Kate.

I'm very proud of Nick and especially Chelsea. They were brilliant! Even though we haven't seen Belle and Shawn off on the boat yet, they did their part very well. Phillip is a flipping moron ... I can't believe how they got Claire out of the safe house. Too cool! I believe that Phillip wants to be apart of Claire's life because he loves her, but maybe he doesn't know it yet, but more of this is about seeking revenge, IMO.

The ending was a great cliffhanger! I don't want to see Kayla and Steve in the hospital again, so I hope they're okay!

• Members

Good episode.

My thoughts on EJ vs. Steve today. Steve is under some kind of hypnotic suggestion to be an assassin and Steve is fighting it tooth and nail - generatiing these psychotic episodes. Today really showcased this with the 'code' EJ was plunking away at with that knife. He set Steve up. He needs him to break away from his circle of love so to speak, before he can step in.

Philip and Belle were superb, but damn did Belle cut him down right.

• Members

ITA! The acting has been superb thus far, so there is no reason for them to not get nominated for Best Show. And if The Hack's writing team at Y&R or Jean's writing team on ATWT gets nominated before Hogan's team on DAYS, I'll truly be pissed.

• Members

Whoa! I loved Belle standing up to Philip. And when he started shaking her :o I always wanted a domestic abuse storyline for Philip and Belle, especially when Kyle Brandt was on the verge of his exit and started playing with an edge. Jay does it even better! I want PHELLE back!

• Members

Jay sucks, Jay sucks, Jay sucks.

Screams every line. Sounds like a little boy whining to mommy because he didn't get his way. Not menacing or scary in the least... only pathetic.

This episode sounds good, though. I can't wait to watch it on SoapNet tonight.

Archived