DAYS: Monday, February 5

• Members

Too bad they didn't show more of the acutal fight before they went throught the window. As I understand it, Stephen and James did their own stunts in those scenes - which I assume means flying through the window.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He left because at that point he was going to bow out and maintain his dignity. He decided to re-enlist figuring he had nothing else left but to give service to his country and he ended up getting badly injured. During all that time in recovery, I think he thought about all he has lost and decided to stop being a pushover and change. I also think that he had no intentions of going after Claire but since Victor began the pursuit, all in an effort to aid his son after the hell he had been through, I think he became convinced that he should go after Claire as he stood a chance of getting her with Victor on his side. That and he could get his revenge on the man that had his wife's heart and now has the child he beleived was his. The motivation is all there. The fact that he is going about it pretty much the long way is what is making the story. You have to have someone in the wrong and in the right.

• Members

No doubt about it. Definitely stupid!

Ive put some thought into the idea and can't decide one way or another. What do you all think? If it did come down to it where Phillip got complete custody of Claire, would Belle leave Shawn and go back to Phillip, to continue being apart of Claire's life?

• Members

Excellent episode today. The Shawn/Belle on the run is still super silly, but going with the flow, the actors are doing a fairly good job, except JKJ. I don't believe in him as Philip at all. He is too insecure, shrill and out of control to be a strong, headstrong, take-serious man. Kyle Brandt could have played this part superbly and won gazillion fans.

Steve/Kayla/EJ were beyond compare today. I was thrilled to see them deliver so beautifully, believably and it was more like a movie than just reading lines like MBE has seemed to be doing up until today. Intriguing and sophisticated. Loved, loved them.

Sami/Lucas/Kate. Gee, I used to enjoy Kate and now I feel like hissing at her and telling her to stop fooling with her face, her lips, her earrings, whatever and be still for a change. Sami just has to tell Lucas the truth about the rescue and the baby or this story is going to blow up, I fear.

The ending was the best I've seen in the almost four years since 8-2004.

• Members

Excuse me, but why are people telling Kenny he's wrong about not liking Jay? (And YES, people are saying "WRONG.") Get off his back. He has an opinion and it isn't the same as yours. Get over it.

And as for the majority of fans enjoying Jay, I'd like to see proof (note: there is none) of that besides your "feeling" from around the boards. Go to Coffeerooms and no one likes what's happening; go to SON and you've got a Pollyanna convention. Some do, some don't.

• Members

Thank you, Andre. This is a problem I've seen in so many Days threads over the years here. If you enjoy it, you enjoy. If someone else disagrees, why waste the energy to try to convince someone that they're wrong about it being bad for one reason or another? It's so much more enjoyable (heh) to agree to disagree after you share your side and they've shared theirs. JMO.

• Members

Because disagreeing and arguing a bit in a respectful way is fun. If everyone just posts their feelings and leaves it at that, the threads get a bit boring and don't go on very long. As long as it's done respectfully, we can all debate back and forth and just agree to disagree. It's all part of good discussion and debate.

Andre, I am well aware other boards don't like alot of what is happening but alot of that isn't JKJ's performance. Alot of that is Bo/Hope and John/Marlena fans wanting screentime for their couples. The on the run story is not the problem. The problem is it's on way too much right now for their taste and I can understand that. I have seen very little negative response to JKJ's performance. Alot of that could be due to people loving him the first time around or could be because there were many who didn't like Brandt. Whatever the case, it seems a good majority likes him in the role right now. I'm not worried about what other boards say because alot of that is fanbase driven. You have fanbases that are even jealous of each other when one supercouple gets more airtime, like Steve/Kayla are getting now.

I am always one to agree to disagree. That doesn't mean I won't post and say why I disagree with you. It's all part of the discussion. I will never belittle someone's opinion. I am well aware that most times you can't change someone's mind about something and that is fine. Everyone is different. All I am saying is that different opinions are welcome. Part of the fun of these threads is disagreeing and going back and forth. As long as everyone is respectful, it's all good.

Archived