DAYS: Monday, February 5

• Members

ITA!

But the problem is that people cannot tell if someone is being respectful or not. I have been accused of being disrespectful to many posters. Was it my intention to be disrespectful? Of course not. They took it that way. I think once people sign on to SON, they need to release any personal feelings they have in them while logged on. If not, it only ends up with people have their feelings hurt.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Coffeerooms.

:::SHUDDERS:::

That place is notoriously negative, though, LoL.

Most boards either love it, or the opinion is mixed. That's pretty good, I think.

But yes, agreeing to disagree is what it should always come down to.

• Members

Oh, I agree. However, I do think tone of some posts needs to be watched too. People post things and sometimes they have a tone to them that another poster doesn't like and then things get heated. That is why I think people can't tell. I made a post last week about that. I think if people just choose their words carefully and watch the tone of their post there won't be a problem. People are never going to release their personal feelings, at least not most of them. The best way to go about keeping things respectful is to think before your post and watch the tone and word choice of the post. That is JMO.

Oh, and Andre, people can say someone is wrong. It's not like it's a mandate. It's their opinion and they believe that someone is wrong from their perspective. Doesn't mean they are belittleing someone or not accepting their opinion. They just disagree. I don't see what you are seeing here I suppose. It's all opinion and people believe that others are wrong. Simple as that.

• Members

I guess that's where we differ. I don't think people should say others are wrong. No one can be wrong if it's opinion; it's impossible. So, to me, the statement is belittling and means they don't accept your opinion.

• Members

I guess we just see it diffrently. Like I said, it's just people's way of saying they disagree. Perhaps they should say disagree instread of your wrong but whatever. Sometimes an opinion can be wrong though. There are some who will post about a show and haven't even watched it or watched like 5 minutes of it and then post an opinion that is completely off base and off the mark. Whatever the case, I don't think that anyone in here was belittling and not being accepting of opninions. However, if it everv turns heated or disrespectful, let me know or another mod know. That is when things get out of hand and it will be handled :)

• Members

Well, I thought yesterday's show was boring, and up until last week I was really enjoying DAYS. I said in the post about the latest ratings that the stories aren't bad per se, but they need to start really kicking into high gear. I don't mean nonstop action, but there has to be some plot movement, especially with Sami/Lucas/EJ/Kate and the on-the-run stuff.

I think JKJ is good as hardass, angry Philip, but a part of me thinks Kyle Brandt would have really shined here, like DFJ said. I guess it's because he had chemistry with Martha, Shawn, and especially Ava and Olivia, the twins who play Claire. I'm not seeing any real spark between JKJ and his castmates yet, save for John Aniston. I also think that Kyle would have looked better next to Annie Burgstrede, and if the show insists on keeping Willow Willblow (LOVE it Kenny) and possibly pairing her up with Philip, Kyle would have been the more suitable match.

• Members

It's really sad considering I have watched this show for 14 years and I am 23 so that's most of my life....but I think Hoagie is taking DAYS in a direction that just doesn't mesh very well with my tastes. I always thought I wanted a show with short arcs and traditional storylines, but now that these things are happening on DAYS, I am finding myself bored by the traditional things. Minus Tuesday, I haven't watched a full episode of the show in about three weeks. People seem to be liking the show so I am happy for it, but I don't know if I am going to stick with it much longer. I have felt like I wasn't going to stick it out before, but the majority of the DAYS fans hated it along with me so there was always hope for a writer change. But it's doing pretty good now, and like I said, I am happy for it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bored of my mind. It just doesn't seem like the show and I are a good fit anymore. Maybe if I didn't have to sit through the War in Iraq and JER's last year of crap, I've had more of a tolerance for sitting through it, but I just don't anymore.

Archived