ATWT: Huge Gwen/Maddie/Adam Spoiler.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not going to believe ANYTHING until it's actually on my screen...

I can see Adam being written off, BIG TIME...they basically painted his character in a corner when they did the recast....

I also hope they don't re-live the whole Maddie's Rape storyline again...that would be too predictable to have Adam 'forcing' himself on Gwen;

I also hope that Adam's nonsense will bring an end to Iris... I am very disappointed that a fine actress such as Terri Garber has been written to be an interloper in the teen scene....it would have been better if when she returned to have messed with Carly abit (actually trying to get the goods on Carly and Simon, or even going to great lengths to get a piece of the action, possibly teaming with Carly and putting a foot in Katie's patootie ;) )

• Members

Oh, this is so David Stenbeck, circa 1998, when he had kidnapped Lily and Julia, and Holden and Julia "buried" him. I sincerely doubt Adam is dead. But heck...seeing him "haunt" Gwennie might be fun.

Oh, Luke would be connected via Jade. I'm sure Jade will be the only one to notice Adam's "skipping" town has set her two arch enemies on edge.

• Members

I didn't think about Adam possibly still being alive when Gwen and Maddie bury him, but I still think this is the real deal and Adam's gonna be dead as a doorknob.

This is nothing like the David Stenbeck storyline, IMO. Because for that to even begin to be true, this would actually have to be written with some intelligence.

• Members

I could see PISS-ANT turning Adam into the next James Stenbeck. I can actually see her sitting down at the writing pad.

Hmm....The Hughes/Munson Family. Nothing but a bunch of goody-two-shoes people. All a bunch of do-gooders. A-HA! I've got it!! Why not make Adam a villain! Gah...I'm such a genius....

Well, you know what? J.P. can kiss my @$$! I am so over her constantly feeding us this bullsh*t! She needs to learn how to write a fuggin' soap before the network declares ATWT brain dead and pulls the fuggin' plug! UGH!!

This dishonorable hag is a disgrace to daytime!!

And BTW, I really don't think that Adam's dead. Or else we would've heard news that Cavenaugh's out by now.

• Members

If JP makes Adam into the next David/James Stenbeck, she deserves whatever fate she gets.

This reminds me of when Ellen Weston made Ben Reade a serial killer on GL and tried to justify it by saying he was abused as a child. God, I was so pissed I e-mailed everyone at CBS Daytime I could think of... obviously a few hundred thousand other people did the same... :)

• Members

I think actually condeming the story on what little info we have is jumping the gun way too soon. I know people have condemned alot of stuff based on the little spoilers of late, and some of it is coming off pretty good.

There are little things in there that we don't know. We don't know if Adam is really dead. We don't know that Gwen or Maddie actually kill him. They could be covering for one of their men. They may only think Adam is dead and accidentally bury him alive. It could be the gambling guys who come after Casey but get Adam instead.

I thought last year when I read about the slasher it was going to be totally deplorable. And I ended up enjoying it.

Lately JP (even though not wonderful) has been giving a little more balance. Doing a lot more family stuff. She's a little on overload with obnoxious kids, but we are getting far less of some folks than we did.

So I am going to wait and give this a chance and if it is bad then I will condemn it too.

I still think ATWT needs a new writer, but my biggest fear is the way these shows recycle writers ABC will fire McTavish or Higley and ATWT will hire one of them. If Higley comes on bye bye to all the characters we love because she will fill the show with her creations. And McTavish only knows how to write stories about babies and lost babies and stealing sperm. Worse yet they could hire Ellen Weston.

Passanante is not the best but I'll take her over any of those 3 any day.

• Members

I agree that Adam has been ruined by these writers, but haven't they ever heard of a character just leaving town?? In 2 or 3 years, we will all have forgotten about the horrible re-cast, and they can bring Adam back.

Killing off characters with history really bugs me. It seems like they only kill off characters that are important, whereas characters like Mike and Simon (who really...I could give a damn about) just leave. :blink:

Archived