PSNS: Thoughts on the continuation

• Members

Years ago, Passions was going to do a Saturday-morning spin-off called "Harmony High" focusing on Tabitha teaching witchcraft/home ec at the local high school. I'd love it if Passions were to continue on in this format.

Passions has also proved it can do animation, so a spin-off of animated shorts would be cool.

Once per season, NBC should produce a 4-to-6-hour miniseries focusing on different couples or storylines, like Theresa/Ethan, Sheridan/Luis, Charity/Miguel/Fox/Kay, etc...

Speaking of mini-series, years ago they talked about adapting "Hidden Passions" into a miniseries. I'd love to see that happen, but with a new, younger cast playing familiar roles like Julian, Eve, Ivy, Sam, Grace, TC, etc. Juliet Mills could star as Tabitha because Tabitha would look the same back then as she does now.

Speaking of "Hidden Passions", they need to make sequels to the book, or perhaps do Passions novelizations written by Jim Reilly or Alice Alfionsi, the "HP" ghost writer.

There are a lot of different ways Passions could continue. That's what I seriously hope happens.

Please don't be snippy and say it's not going to happen. There are plenty of other threads for that kind of whining.

----------------------

As for the series finale, here's what I'd like to see happen:

Theresa gives up control of Crane Industries so she can be a family with Ethan and the kids. Tabitha gets word that ENDORA has inherited the entire Crane empire, and until she is 18, TABITHA will run Crane!!!

Around July 5, the show's anniversary, Gwen (who will have reunited with Ethan for whatever reason) is exposed and destroyed. Ethan dumps her. At the end of the month, Theresa and Ethan get married. The same night, Charity and Miguel (who also will have gotten married, but earlier on) will finally make love. This will kick off an almost-month-long battle between good and evil.

Following the battle, Tabitha finds herself lost in time and space. She ends up travelling into Harmony's future, and we are treated to storylines that would have happened in the future. For example, we see a grown-up Miles and Jane. At the end, Tabitha would attend Little Ethan and Endora's wedding, and Endora would use her powers to send Tabitha back in time.

Tabitha would arrive at the wedding of Sheridan and Luis, too late to stop the wedding. However, she'd cast a spell on everyone to make them forget she was a witch. Everyone would live happily ever after.

:)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, RionPassions, that although we have the exact opposite views when it comes to Passions, I actually agree with you that Passions (unfortunately, for me and many others) is likely going to continue after September 7. The reason why I feel this way is due to the fact that there is such a long gap of time (almost eight months) in between the cancellation announcement and the final episode. (For all other soaps, the gap in between the cancellation announcement and the final episode is just two or three months, tops.) The only reason I can think of as to why this gap is so large is because NBC wants to give Passions as much time as possible for it to find another home. (Of course, one could say that the reason this gap is so long is due to the fact that NBC is contractually obliged to air Passions until June; however, if NBC really wanted to screw Passions over, the network could have just waited until May to announce the cancellation. In the meantime, NBC would be making false statements that expanding the Today Show to a fourth hour would not necessarily mean an automatic Passions cancellation.)

• Members

We have an official cancellation confirmation and a final airdate, so at this point I think it's going to be a wait and see game. I do believe NBC is trying to find another platform for the show. I'm not sure that I think this decision would be wise, but if keeping Passions on can revatilize the genre then I'm all for it. At this point watching the show breaks my heart so I've had to stop watching for now.

• Members

no, its because Today's 4th hour doesn't premiere till the fall lineup. So the show will complete out its season, and stay during the summer to hold the hour for NBC till its replacement is ready. It's well known for primetime shows to go into a season knowing it will be the last, networks typically start making their decisions on shows ending for the season around this time, and Passions has always gotten its yearly renewal at this time - so getting its walking papers at this time is not strange.

Simple truth is Passions stays till NBC's replacement for it is ready.

• Members

ITA. Which is why I wish NBC wouldn't even bother stringing them along like this. Just be honest and tell them that after September 7th, PASSIONS is donezo, so we fans can get the ending we deserve after all the crap we've had to put up with.

• Members

I'm hoping JER finds a way to utilize Timmy's memory in the final months. I have a feeling Tabby will be burned at the stake for being a witch, but her love for Timmy and Endora will resurrect her as a regular old mortal, with her eventually dying and going to heaven. But when she's brought back, she'll have just enough mojo to make everyone forget she was a witch. And then Passions will end. :)

Archived