AMC: SID Spoilers

• Members

Credit to Bee at the Z/K board:

SID Feb 13 edition:

A Deadly Gamble

Either Kendall or Babe will loose it all while posing as bate for the Satin Slayer

As the terror continues to mount this week on AMC, Babe and Kendall decide to draw out the killer on their own terms! When the 2 fed up Fusion partners put on a heck of a show at Zach’s lavish gala, their ruse seems to work a little too well: They lure the fiend out of hiding, but one of the determined young mothers turns up dead! Has the Satin Slayer taken another Pine Valley Life?

Party With a Purpose

Some intrepid detective work by Jamie and Aidan reveals that the killer has bugged Fusion and other important locations. The infiltration prompts Zach and his wife to take swift definitive action: They’ll throw a gala and use Kendall to entice the deadly killer!

Alicia Minshew (Kendall) says her character’s actions may be extreme, but so are her fears. “She’s really freaked out over her and Zach right now, because she knows that she and Spike need him,” Minshew says. After weeks of watching her stalwart husband coming undone Mrs. Slater is ready to take as much control as possible. “She’s really doing this to protect him and her family. She knows she is a target. She figures (the killer) is going after her anyway. This way we can plan it and organize it, and sort of have a plan of attack.”

Lest we forget, Kendall is also furious that the murderer has managed to off her pals and shut down Fusion, her labor of love. “She’s sick of it” Minshew declares seriously. “She’s lost friends and she does not want to lose her husband and she does not want to lose her son. “So it’s sort of a last resort. But she is like, “I’ve got to do it.”

Bianca, understandably is not on board with her sister’s plan. And Ryan is further shaken when he receives a note saying not to forgive Zach for Erin’s demise. Undeterred Kendall dresses as Amelia, Zach’s late mother Amelia and arrives at the bash on her husband’s arm. Imagine her surprise, though, when one of her least favorite people, Babe, takes a grieving Tad’s suggestion to show up and help catch the killer”

“In a way, they’re casting their differences aside, because what’s more important than life?” says Alexa Havins (Babe). “ and right now, they’re fighting for their life.”

That fight goes into the next round when a mysterious man approaches Kendall at the party. Could the stranger be the slayer?

The Killer Acts Again!

The man does turn out to have a connection to Zach’s past, but he’s not the one you might think: he’s Jenkins, JR’s aide who was also Ameia’s secret lover, Raymond! When Jenkins is cleared of suspicion, Zach remembers that his mother was fighting with his father on the night she died.

Thinking their gala is a bust the Slaters break a few objects to make themselves feel better before falling into bed and making love.

The end of the soirée goes quite differently for Babe. Her final farewell to Josh includes a passionate good-bye kiss.., that JR and Jamie witness! JR rails at his wife, demanding a divorce and full custody of their son, and threatens to tell Adam that Krystal is carrying Tad’s baby if she won’t comply “When he brings her mom into it” Havins says, shaking her head, “for him to drag Krystal in and risk her happiness, I think that’s what really gets to Babe more than him saying, ‘I want custody.’ It’s the threat. It’s the old Chandlers. JR Chandler is back.”

Elsewhere, Zach, refuses to believe that his father tossed Amelia to her death. Ryan and Tad use the killer’s bugs to suggest a meeting; Lavery: Later receives a fax requesting just that. Kendall also gets mail a note stating,- Leave him now or die!’ Fearing for his son’s life, Ryan threatens to sue for custody of Spike, and the former lovers argue as they wait with Zach at the pump house for the murderer to arrive.

Across town, an emotional Babe gives her bodyguard the slip and schemes with Zoë to get revenge on JR. But soon after, the killer manages to get close enough to Babe to prick her with a needle!

Who Will It Be?

At the end of the day, it looks like the Satin Slayer has claimed yet another AMC favorite — and as we went to press, not even Minshew or Havins knew who it would be!

“If it is Kendall, I think it’s going to turn the whole town upside-down” Minshew muses of her alter ego’s fate. If this person gets to Kendall, then he can get to anybody. And I think that people are not going to take it well.” And if Babe is next to wear the satin ribbons? “My first thoughts go to Little Adam growing up without a mom,” Havins says, adding that AMCs recent on-screen deaths prove that no character is safe — and she likes it. “I’m glad that they’re not being shy and not just bringing on somebody for a week or a day player. Like, ‘Oh, Sally was murdered. Oh, Sally and I go way back and she’s a Fusion intern” Hayins says, laughing. “The audience isn’t as invested. These are characters that have been on the canvas a good three, four, 20 years! It’s devastating all around.”

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think she was laughing that vets are being offed. She was laughing at the day player idea. She even said if one were to look at the last part of the interveiw that it's devestating that apart of there cast is being lost. I think Alexa gets a bad wrap just because she plays a character that some don't like and yes she goes to JHC so she can know what is happening with her character (btw, I wouldn't be surprised if more actors/actress went into her office considering the writing staff changes it's mind every three episodes)

• Members

But they don't...that's the thing. People like Susan Lucci, David Canary, Walt Willey...people who have earned the right to go to JHC or the writers and say "this isn't right...change this...do this" DON'T. They get their scripts and no matter how they feel about them they act them to the best of their abilities.

Then there are whiny, newbies in comparison, like Alexa Havins.

We're all biased. I don't like the character...you do, so maybe you're a little biased too lol.

But I've noticed on pretty much every board people Alexa's comments have left a bad taste in people's mouths.

Ultimately I think it's in her best interest to stop propping Babe and attacking JR every time she talks to a magazine because whether she has some agenda or not, it's not being well-receieved.

• Members

Well we will never know who goes into JHC office the most. Just because Alexa admits to it doesn't mean that no one else does. Behind closed doors who knows who is complaining, raving or griping about what. We'll never know unless they admit it. But from what I have seen Alexa has never demanded anything. Nor has she tried to change things. she has voiced ocncerns and she has asked JHC what is going on with Babe to cause this change and she is interested in her character. (That's not a bad thing). She is invested. I don't see why we have to fault her for that.

As to her comments overall I think AMC fans (or soap fans in general are really sensitive). I know Alicia said that Ryan was Kendell's soul mate and Zendell fans blew circuits and were outraged and verbally blasted her and sent hate mail. Excessive

• Members

Doesn't matter to me one way or another what Alexa thinks or wants for Babe, or if she's going to JHC or not...because it's not translating on screen. Or at least not in a way that is making Babe rootable character. I always get the vibe that Alexa only cares how much of a Saint or a victim Babe comes across, almost feels like she sees the same Babe=Good that AMC does. If her compliants translated into something that made me stop, and actually go "whoa, Babe has a heart" then I'd say more power to her. But as long as Babe is Babe, angel to all, sainted heroine who is always a vicitm and never does anything wrong, then it's going to come across to me, as whinying.

• Members

I think Alexa is in a tough spot, because she's probably aware that the Babe propping isn't going over all that well. But she's still on contract and she has to whistle the AMC tune or else she'll end up like Cady. Yeah, I'm not buying that it wasn't because of her outspoken-ness over the vet firings. Alexa has also made comments about being worked to the bone (paraphrased), so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she goes when her contract comes up this year.

Eh, I don't see the snob thing. But I tend to like her, even when I can't stand Babe, Alexa brings a sort of 'I can't totally hate you' quality to the character.

And ok wait, what is this Jenkins bit about? He's the killer? Or he has a past connected to Zack?

Archived