Y&R: Lunatic Unleashed!

• Members

As always, thanks to the incredible OceanView at the Phick site for typing this all up! :)

SHEILA ESCAPES ON Y&R

After months of being held prisoner by Paul, Sheila turns the tables on her captor and escapes...and her first targets are look-alike Phyllis and rival Lauren.

Sheila manages to break out when Paul steps away and Maggie - who's tracked him down via his cell phone - comes looking for the PI. "Sheila takes advantage and fools Maggie into letting her out," explains Doug Davidson. "Paul's shocked when he returns and finds Maggie handcuffed to a pipe and Sheila out."

Sheila knocks him out and shoots Maggie, then escapes from the warehouse. "Sheila is extremely resourceful," notes DD. "And this happens so quickly. He never aniticpated Michael or Maggie tracking him down in the cell."

Once on the outside, Sheila makes a beeline for Phyllis. After greeting her stunned doppleganger, Sheila ties up Phyll; she later tricks Lauren into coming over and takes her hostage as well. "What makes Sheila so scary is that she's so smart," notes portrayer Michelle Stafford. "She always knows how to manipulate the situation and get what she wants."

Does Paul regret keeping her alive or not getting the authorities involved? "He comes from a moral stance that offing her is out of the question," DD says. "And there were several issues he thought he couldn't trust the authorities with. She manages to wiggle out of everything. He knows what she's capable of. But I do think he didn't take the time to think everything through. I think he thought he was better at holding her captive, but he wasn't."

Things only get worse when Michael encounters Paul and a seriously injured Maggie, while Nick finds Lauren, who reports that Sheila has taken Phyllis and the babies! "When someone has the intelligence and desire like Sheila, it's difficult to stop them," nods DD. "And almost every time she's escaped, someone's died."

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why are you so damn defensive? Is NBC your mom? Jesus.

Anyway, trust me, I realize it's not hard to kick Y&R's ass right now, it's just that bad. That was my point. A few months under Hogan's pen doesn't erase years of horrid storytelling you have to admit that.

You know what I was expecting when I read the subject? That Maggie would find Sheila, Paul would tell her the tale and Maggie would then and there shoot Sheila in the head point blank. I'm not sure I would have liked it but I would have given LML credit for trying something different.

Archived