Democrat, Republican, or Independent

Scotty

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With a personal score of 30% and an economic score of 70%, I am a conservative. However, my point on the graph showed that I was not that far away from being a centerist. Indeed, I consider myself to be a mainstream conservative, as opposed to an ultra right-winger.

So far, my voting record is solidly Republican. Despite the fact that I clearly am biased in favor of the Republican Party, I must state that I don't ever let such biases get in the way when it comes to the issue I care most about: integrity. (For instance, I have long believed that powerful Republican U.S. Congressman Tom DeLay was corrupt and should not be holding any sort of public office.) Thus, if there was ever a race between a corrupt Republican and an honest Democrat, I would actually vote for the honest Democrat, despite the fact that the honest Democrat would likely not agree with me on any of the major political issues.

P.S. Even though he is a Democrat, Scotty and I face the same sort of dilemma: Scotty is a Democrat in a very Republican state (Kentucky), and I am a Republican in a very Deomcratic state (New Jersey).

• Members

According to the quiz I'm a left-leaning Centrist, which is close to how I describe myself. I know I'm not as Liberal as most of my friends tend to be.

Personal issues: 70%

Economic issues: 40%

I have always voted for the Democratic Presidential candidate, but I have voted for Republicans (Hello Jim Jeffords and Jim Douglas) and Independents (Gotta love Bernie Sanders!) in the local and state races, depending on which candidate I thought was most qualified for the job.

• Members

Democrat

I am a -----------------

LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and

economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one

that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.

Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose

government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate

diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

• Members

I don't know. I feel like I fall between camps really. I like some things supported by some parties and despise other stuff.

If I wanted to be a Republican, I would look towards people like Alan Greenspan and Warren Buffet as examples because I admire their achievements and no-nonsense way of getting stuff done and not making a song and dance about it. Except all I am seeing now in the GOP are bible-thumping intolerants who are bending over backwards to spin the Katrina mess and "No Photos of Military Coffins from Iraq" :angry: and why 2000 military deaths in Iraq is OK but sending their own asses to do the fighting out there is not. When they're not !@#$%^&*]ing about "those Gay people" and the French, of course. :rolleyes:

And then we have the 'Crats who pretend to be all tolerant and stuff but aren't really. They're tolerant as long as you agree with what they're saying :lol: At least that's what I've personally observed at a local level. I'm not even going to touch on some of the questionable mob/union links we have around here.

And then the libertarians who keep pressing copies of Ayn Rand's books in my hand with the words "This author CHANGED MY LIFE!" :lol: I love your *shrug*don't-care-who's-doing-what-on-who's-bed/table/floor-as-long-as-you-let-me-do-my-own-[!@#$%^&*]*shrug* attitude, though, guys!

:wacko: Confused! And feeling shortchanged by our current crop of politicos.

Archived