DAYS: "Unlikely to continue past 2009..."

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't expect "Guiding Light" to make it much longer.

The recent ratings dip and the loss of major stars really isn't good for the show.

I like Kreizman as a writer but I don't believe he has what it takes to keep this show on the air.

His stories are boring a lot of the time and the show drags.

"One Life to Live" is another show in trouble.

• Members

DOOL on CBS? That'll be the death of Y&R! :angry: And we all know (or at least we should) that if Y&R goes, so does dayime TV. It's CBS Daytime's prized possession. Look how dependant the craptacular B&B has been on Y&R for years! B&B would never survive w/o Y&R helping it. Not even a pre-primetime slot could save that dreadful show.

• Members

DOOL is appealing in a very trashy, sh*tty way, it's harder to market towards the same viewers as Y&R. The ratings for CBS-D would decline, frustrating Moonves & others even more, then they'll have enough & just get out of the daytime biz. Y&R & DOOL are polar opposites. At least there's a running theme b/w GL, Y&R, B&B & ATWT. It's easier to market when a net's shows are similar.

Plus, don't forget about the show destroyer, K. Croday. Owning DOOL is to the detriment of the show. I WILL NEVER WATCH ANY TV SHOW/MOVIE/ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH KEN CORDAY IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM! AND I'LL BOYCOTT ADVERTISERS THAT ARE IN BIZ WITH CORDAY! :angry:

NO DOOL on CBS. DOOL on CBS = Death of Y&R! :(:angry: DOOL is what one calls a "toxic show".

• Members

Um, I remember reading that "Passions'" contract expires in June, so you're actually wrong. The net is NOT dropping the show "as soon as possible." In fact, allowing it to air through August seems rather generous to me. Surely the show can tie up loose ends and, as Kenny has said, provide some INCREDIBLE action-packed stuff (revelations and resolution at gunfire pace) in that amount of time. The net isn't the enemy here. Had they only given it until June, I WOULD be livid. But it seems there is a good faith effort to give the writers time to wrap it up RIGHT.

• Members

Now we'll see if JER takes the opportunity to do it up right. Because we know he has it in him... this is a fact. And now that the show is ending, there's absolutely no excuse for not progressing story and giving viewers payoffs. There's no reason anymore for stalling and faux-cliffhangers. This is balls to the wall... the FINALE. And with all the secrets and such that JER has kept under wraps to both viewers and characters throughout the last eight years, it's going to take nearly every bit of the next eight months to give those payoffs. But the man can do it. And if he tries, it can be amazing. The question is... does he WANT to?

• Members

GMAFB!!

DAYS is anything by "trashy" or "shitty" so please TRY AGAIN!

Also DAYS moving to CBS Daytime could not make their overall ratings ANY lower than they are holding on to GL/ATWT.

DAYS is extremely marketable, much more so than any other soap on the air!

Again DAYS a toxic show? In what world, DAYS has been one of the most profitable soaps in the last 15 years...i guess you just chose to ignore the actual facts before you went on a BLATANT flame fest!

• Members

not good at all...however i would follow the show wever ever it went...even FOX? In the next 2 years i still pray that Elieen Davidson will return and Louise Sorell. If days does say goodbye it will be the end of my obsession for nearly 20 years. haha what will i do go crazy?

• Members

I'm not really surprised to hear that NBC will not be renewing Days after 2009. In fact, it would not surprise me at all if Days went off the air before then.

After 37 years of watching this soap, I have now severed ties with the show, and it was actually easier than I thought it would be.

Jim Reilly really had only one mission as far as I'm concerned, and that was to drag Days down to the cellar with Passions. He almost succeeded.

I have had many years of enjoyment with this show, starting in the late 60's. It was truly daytime drama at its best, and I will always cherish those memories of my favorite daytime actors.

Jeff Zucker has, IMO, made it his mission to have NBC rid of any good dramatic shows. So I think Days should really end in '09 and go out on a high note.

• Members

I don't know what P&G's stance is on just cancelling one of them, I keep hearing its ATWT and GL or nothing. I think ATWT is still viable, but Guiding Light just is not. It's been terrible for years, and its canvas damaged severly. A Y&R, B&B, ATWT, Days lineup would be great. Wishful thinking on my part, and probably will never happen.

Archived