DAYS: "Unlikely to continue past 2009..."

• Members

na, na nah, not so fast!

You don't know if PR is comfortable with on-camera nudity. But for your sake, if the show made it to HBO or something, I'd hope he is.

And I'd ALSO hope that, if the show moved to HBO (hint, hint! lol) we could see some hot "Sex and the City" [!@#$%^&*] and skin scenes for EJ.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has anyone noticed that over the years, those "sexy soap love scenes" have gotten progressively less and less sexy? You would think that as time goes by, the envelope would be pushed further and further... but that's not the case. Especially since the infamous Super Bowl Wardrobe Malfunction. And I never understood the controversy surrounding Nicolette Sheridan's towel drop scene. They didn't show anything! ANYTHING. And now soaps pay the price.

• Members

Sony Furious with NBC

I love Sony. I hope they call up Kevin Reilly and Jeff Zucker and rip them both new assholes. Even if NBC cans the show in 2009, as they likely will, I LOVE knowing that Sony won't be allowing the show to go down without having their voice heard, first.

I can completely understand why Sony is upset, though. By NBC announcing their plans to cancel the show in 2009, that gives low performing affiliates every reason to pull the show from its regular timeslot and air it overnight, or just dump it completely. And then ratings will drop even lower. NBC's announcement also tells new viewers that there's no point in investing in the show, because it'll be gone soon, anyway. All the way around, it was a completely stupid, disrespectful, unprofessional decision by NBC... and I'm so glad that Sony is furious with them. Rip 'em a new one, Sony!

• Members

I think there is one thing Corday did right and that´s he never sold the show. If owned by the network right now, it would be "you are canceled and that´s it." But this way the show will not go without a fight. Of course, I wouldn´t be surprised if Sony is seriously pissed at NBC, because it was their creative decision to bring Reilly back and it was them who insisted he has to stay and continue in his mission of totall destruction till his contract is over. Now, when he almost succeeded, NBC suddenly plays the innocent one and just says the show lost viewers and has to be canceled. But why?

Anyway, I believe with Sony owning the show and having interest in its continuation, we have a good chance for its surviving, especially if Sheffer proves to be the savior he seems to be right now.

• Members

I can't believe I'm defending NBC/Reilly right now, but he did manage to get the ratings up to a 3.9, so it wasn't a total loss. By the time he left, the ratings had dropped by more than a point and a half, but I don't believe that was any lower than the ratings were before Reilly came back.

Archived