DAYS: "Unlikely to continue past 2009..."

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, Scotty. Otherwise, ALL of them would be canceled.

Frankly, I don't by the "economics" excuses. Like you said, the soaps ARE making money. Maybe not what they brought in during the '80s, but still.

Anyway, about that EW article:

"espite bringing love back, it appears there won't be any more Passions at NBC. The network announced that the zany soap (Anyone remember Timmy, the evil doll played by a little pers"

WHEN IN GOD'S NAME WILL THEY GET IT?!!

Timmy WAS NOT EVIL, YOU IDIOTS!

Timmy was GOOD.

So the writer of the article seems to suggest he/she watched the show, yet they didn't GET THAT?!!!

Oy!

And HOW many articles about the show's cancellation have we seen comments about an Internet soap? I think they're REALLY serious about this. I mean, in the age of successes from YouTube and viral video, it may not be as silly or cheap as it sounds. A LOT of people watch viral video and surf the Internet. I don't know exactly how I feel about the show migrating to the Internet, I just hope that ALL storylines for the current "Passions" are resolved by the NBC finale.

• Members

I have to agree about your Timmy comments. From what little I watched of the show then, Timmy wasn't evil.

And it certainly would be odd to see a daytime soap go from a broadcast network to the internet. But stranger things have happened.

And I too hope they wrap up many of the current storylines...and not just simply leave viewers hanging on all of them. They need to have some sort of finale.

• Members

Quite frankly I think it's likely it'll flop. Who honestly needs a talk show-esque "Today" branded show? For reals, yo.

On the one hand, I think it's good that they admit Days won't last far in advance- so we can all get closure. Alternatively, it gives them a way to gauge reaction and try to stimulate viewers so they can boost ratings and keep it around.

On the other, if this leads the actors to leave for greener pastures, I'ma be pissed. Days has hit a groove that it hasn't had in a long, long time, and I don't want them to take it away now.

Seriously NBC- pimp the actors! Pimp Alison Sweeney some more. Push the show and it can rebound- any of the soaps could, I think, with a little effort. Air an episode or a recap episode on your dead night, Saturdays, to get extra mileage out of the footage you have and try and pull in more people. But don't just give up on it!

• Members

If the show does end up broadcast on the internet, I hope it fails miserably.

I know that sounds horrible, but there's a reason for it. If Passions is a success on the internet or on cable somewhere, the other networks will take notice and think, "Hey, NBC canned their soaps and stuck 'em on the internet. Maybe we should do the same!" And quite frankly, I'm not interested in watching my soaps over the [!@#$%^&*] internet everyday.

• Members

...however, I DO like the idea of Days ending up on cable. That way, it could be balls-to-the-wall HOT without any network censorship. I could, at long last, see Peter Reckell's delicious BARE MAN ASS.

• Members

The thing I hate about the Internet option is, even if it's in high quality, you more thank likely couldn't KEEP the episodes, and I think it's safe to say that A LOT of soap fans have their favorite episodes that they like to keep on VHS, DVD or whatever. If a DVD isn't being sold, it's ONLY fair! So, that would suck. That's why I'd MUCH prefer The CW or some other network buying the soap.

Archived