DAYS: "Unlikely to continue past 2009..."

• Members

Wow. I like how he didn't even take any blame for or mention his HH ratings falling down the tubes. He put out complete garbage on a daily basis for two years, some argue all eight, and he is taking zero responsibility? Wow. You got fired two times in six months, pal, WAKE UP!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know what? I LOVE GL/ATWT. After DAYS, they are my next favorite soaps. I started watching both of them back in 1998, and still love them. BUT, with that said, for DAYS, I would be willing to give them up. If you don't like that, tough. Like others have said, I can't afford to be selfless and non-biased when it comes to my soaps, and DAYS is my top priority. So there you have it. As for the question of DAYS jumping networks, YES, I still think it will happen. DAYS is a pop culture icon, like it or not. People who don't even watch soaps recognize the line "Like sands through the hourglas..." and so forth. If it were any other soap, no, the networks wouldn't care about it. But the fact is is that there's a reason DAYS is always on the cover of SOD, always in the press, being talked about (good or bad), etc. DAYS WILL survive past NBC. That, I'm sure of.

And Rion. You can just go be miserable. Your precious PASSIONS is donezo come August. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying the quality over at DAYS for years to come. Stick THAT in your juice box and suck it.

• Members

I think that Days/AMC/Y&R/GH are about equal when it comes to soap recognition in pop culture.

Everyone knows Days and the hourglass, and Marlena's possession.

Everyone knows AMC for La Lucci.

Everyone knows Y&R for Victor Newman.

And everyone knows GH for Luke and Laura.

Archived