DAYS: "Unlikely to continue past 2009..."

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I realized something this morning in that if DAYS does go to that Big Soap Heaven in the Sky in 2009 it would be the most significant death in my entire life. It sounds crazy by thus far no one close to me has died and I have watched DAYS since I was 8 years old.

• Members

I could see soap fans and unordinarily non-soap fans becoming obsessed with a soap on HBO. It wouldn't achieve Blockbuster ratings, but it would be critically acclaimed and probably heat up the Emmy Race.

If a soap on HBO was going to happen, I would imagine the episodes would be a half-hour long and appear in 13-week seasons, kind of the way MTV intended for SPYDER GAMES to continue before they decided they needed more reality garbage and another season of UNDRESSED.

I'm glad Sony is upset about NBC's announcement. It shows that they still care about their soap properties and want to do everything they can to reap benefits from it in worldwide syndication, SOAPnet, and other platforms. SONY won't let DAYS die and this proves it. I'll even go as far as to say if Hogan improves the ratings between now and the time NBC gets rid of it, SONY may try to put the show in syndication if it can't be transferred to CBS or ABC. The only problem is that the budget may be drastically reduced, but at LEAST they would be dealing with SONY and the affiliates directly INSTEAD of the a$$#!pes at NBC. Corday would be free of NBC's influence. And the cast and crew may be able to take time off during the summer(a "Best of DAYS This Season" month or a month of classic episodes picked by fans or the stars of the shows).

NBC will not win with this all news/talk in the daytime approach. May be cheaper for them, but their quality has declined drastically since FRIENDS went off the air in 2004(?). Their daytime lineup in 1999. NBC is done for as far as I'm concerned. You know you're in bad shape when FOX blazes ahead of you in the ratings.

• Members

I LOVE Sony!

I don't know what Zucker was thinking, making the announcement about DOOL the way he did. Not only does he have DOOL fans upset and wanting his head on a platter, now he has Sony and Corday after him. This was a PR nightmare. Does he really think no one (men AND women) cares about their soaps? Because if he believes that, he's an idiot and has no right to be responsible for a network. And if he doesn't believe that and just shot off his mouth, he's an idiot for unleashing a backlash against his already struggling network. Either way, he appears to be an idiot!

Archived