DAYS: "Unlikely to continue past 2009..."

• Members

HIYA Bellcurve!! :P

I think this all SUCKS.

They could have fixed PASSIONS and had a hit soap. This 4th hour of today is NOT going to fly.

Talk shows only last a few years and peter out.

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" is one of the 3 strongest soaps on t.v. and if NBC is stupid enough to cancel it

then ABC (or even CBS) will pick it up for sure. The thing is, all the soaps need to have some major

revolution, they need to go "cable-style" and get some hotter new stories. They aren't trying enough

stuff out. HOGAN is the man, though! He's got DAYS rocking.

It's one of the best soaps on.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not if Lynn Marie Latham keeps reheating leftover Taco Bell for Y&R fans.

I agree Boof should have been kept at DAYS. It is time for a change, but not a change from people that don't GET this industry. Boof does. But I don't think every outsider should be considered.

You are love, EK4L!

• Members

None of us saying Days will move to another network want it to happen. We just think it will based on whisperings and what not. None of us want other soaps cancelled to make room for it, we are just acknowledging the possibility is there since Days does very well in demos and ratings for a soap with no lead in whatsoever. It is insanely popular and ranks right up there with GH and Y&R. That is why we are saying that. We don't want it to happen but we think it will.

• Members

I don't think that because ABC had some interest in Days several years ago that it can be expected that they still would. Even the last time they were interested, they were unwilling to meet Corday's and Sony's asking price for the show leaving Sony and Corday to have to go back to NBC and agree to the price cut NBC had offered. If ABC is truly considering cutting their own shows -- shows where they have a bigger cut of whatever profit there is, plus the ability to profit from their syndication -- why would they pay more to another production company for the broadcast rights of a show which only has less than half a precentage point higher rating. They would actually make less money of Days as compared to shows they own, even if Days does draw a slightly larger audience. Plus, the peope in charge at the time that ABC expressed any interest, are no longer in charge of ABC daytime (which sucks royally in its own right). Also, when NBC almost didn't pick up Days option several months ago, ABC never expressed any interest even when Cordaywas trying to see whether they might.

I don't think the chances of ABC picking up Days if its cancelled would be very high. It would be a longshot at best.

• Members

You really shouldn't speak for everyone. If keeping DAYS on the air means, changing networks, then I'm all for it. I play greedy when it comes to DAYS and I'd rather see ATWT and GL off the air before DAYS. I'm sorry to their fans, but I'm becoming a fan of both shows, and feel that DAYS has a better shot than either show.

• Members

I wasn't speaking for everyone. I was talking about those of us who had posts saying we don't necessarily want it to happem but think it will. There were people in this thread who made posts like that and I was just referring to them.

I don't want to see anyone go for Days. Of course, I want my show to continue but other fans would be losing their shows too and I hate seeing that. I don't like being that selfish. If it happens, I will be happy for Days and for myself but sad for those who will lose their show.

I don't think it's a slam dunk that it will happen but I do think the chances are high it will. It's not a gurantee but I do think in my mind that Days will be on another network. That could either turn out good or bad but if NBC is only going to cancell it anyway why not try? Yes, if Frons gets his hands on it he could ruin it but who knows. Life is weird like that. We shall see.

Archived