PSNS: Grace's "Death"

• Members

Hey everyone,

I'm going to go on the record and say that Grace is not really dead. I believe her secret and her being presumed dead are the precursor to a bigger story taking place in February Sweeps. I have a feeling Grace will be back on screen in February and we'll learn what her secret is. February is the next big sweeps period, and having her turn out to be alive is a sweeps stunt JER would pull.

Now I'm not saying Grace and Sam will reunite in February, but I do believe we will learn she's either gone into hiding or been kidnapped.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show needs to stop with their presumed dead things. Days does too. I know other soaps have done it, but these two soaps have done this too many times. This was exactly how Antonio died, if he even did. That's one reason it needs to stop. Is because JER can't think up new death methods so he's gonna use the same ones over and over. Now I know you can only die so many ways, but I just hope this technique is not repeated over and over.

I've said this before, and this is really sad, even though I adore Grace and Dana, I really don't care anymore. This show has gone down the tubes and as much as I don't want to see it cancelled because of it's potential and the Daytime genre, I don't really care that much anymore, the storylines are stupid and not taken seriously and it has a writer that acts like a child.

• Members

Just like I called Grace "dying" back in October, I am calling she will be back as well. February may be too soon but if the show has a feeling it is going off or needs to do something big then they may bring her in February (this is assuming JER gives a damn).

I don't care either. Everything about the show is a mess and it needs so much help. They should have had Grace return and interupt Suvy's wedding since they were building to a wedding there anyway. I would've been fine waiting longer and seeing that last week instead of Fox/Kay/Miguel hell. That would've been a much better payoff then Grace learning the truth on the phone and confronting everyone on the phone.

• Members

Grace confronting everyone on the phone was okay to me because it paved the way for huge fireworks upon her arrival in town. (Obviously JER never intended the reveal to happen this way, since I doubt he planned on writing Grace out for two years) But it fell flat because upon learning the truth, she told Sam she was taking the next flight back to Harmony (way back on November 2), but didn't even make it to the airport until after Christmas! Everyone returned from Rome in one episode..why'd it take Grace so long to get back from London?

Also, notice how they made a rather big deal over there being multiple shuttle buses (rather than THE one and only shuttle bus)...me thinks the priest blew up the wrong bus...

• Members

Rion, Dana sounded very bitter in that interview she did. This is not givintg fans what they want and don't give me that BS that JER didn't plan on writing her out when he did. The show cut them to recurring due to budget but I also remember reading JER was backburnering the story for a bit. They treat Dana like crap and I wish she would turn them down unless they are serious about writing her the way they should.

The phone conversation crap only paved the way for fan disgust. There is no excuses for it. When you wait 4-5 years for a payoff, give the fans a payoff. That wasn't a payoff-it was a sloppy, rush-job of a reveal.

Archived