ATWT- Emily/Craig Spoiler

• Members

I wanted to put this out there before I did my previews for this week. Apparently viewers will be led to believe that Craig is responsible for Daniel's kidnapping (and he very well could be).

Also I can confirm that Tom will indeed have a heart attack.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks Ryan :) I am really looking forward to this storyline, I hope it is done well(though as I know from experience I will not get my hopes up to much).

Also I am sure it is to much to hope that my man James is behind the kidnapping of Daniel.

I also hope that Tom makes it out alive.

• Members

The worst thing about this story is that Emily couldn't give two shits about Daniel. She has been destorying her life for the sake of Paul with no regard for her son. Of course with this they'll retcon it and make her the loving mother/victim. *vomits*

I just hope they do Tom's heart attack right, although I wish they'd given him something else. Tom is not this old Grandpa, he and Margo still can bring it. Ugh, I'll take whatever I can get. Just give me Lisa, Margo, Bob, Kim and Nancy.

• Members

I hope he does too. Having James be the one to take Daniel would be a nice twist.

I think this is the storyline that is supposed to "redeem" Emily in the fans eyes. I just hope they don't have Emily have another psychotic break. The fact that Emily comes clean with Tom and Margo about Daniel being missing is the first step I believe. You know....her telling the truth for a change.

• Members

Thanks for posting Ryan. I think this whole thing with Tom having a heart attack is a plot device to further push Casey's storyline along longer. He isn't going to want to tell his parents now becuase of what happend to do his dad.

As for the Craig/Emily/Daniel stuff- I cant wait!! Looking forward to both things.

• Members

Poor Emily....just three months after her daughter died. And WOW poor Tom and Margo! Tom/Margo are gonna kill me.

I knew Craig would be a suspect, but I think that's a red herring.

While I would LOVE for it to be James? I bet it's something to do with Casey's gambling story.

• Members

I really think bringing James back at this point will number one bring life back into this storyline, and also number two bring life back into the show, I know alot of people think of James as nothing but a cartoon character, but I don't I view him as total evil, and is one character that never gets old to me.

As for this being the beginning of Emily being redeemed, I think it can be done, but it is going to take a whole lot of work for it to happen. Also I am totally with you Ryan I don't want to see Emily have another psychotic breakdown, I don't think I could stomach another one.

• Members

Casey's too into his own BS to care about his dad (what kind of kid steals from his parents?) Besides, his heart attack is not meant to further push Casey's SL. It's to create conflict between Emily/Margo and anti-Craig feelings if it's revealed that he took Danny boy.

• Members

I pretty much guessed this when I read the Tom information earlier today...

I can't stand Craig...well, not this Craig....Also, is this the only way to give Tom/Margo a storyline? Having yet again Craig being front and center in everything there is Oakdale? I will say, I would much rather watch Tom/Margo, than all the other mess that's going on in the show.

• Members

Using Em's child to try and redeem her isn't going to work for me. No matter who kidnaps him. And not making Craig the baddy (if that's the case) won't earn him some sympathy from me either. I don't mind Jeff Meek, but Craig is as obnoxious as he ever was. It was a mistake to bring him back without one ounce of true contrition for his past actions.

• Members

This sounds good.

But I have to put my two cents out that. I do not want James back. To me he is a cartoon character. He has been painted into so many corners, and his story is old. I just do not want him back in Oakdale.

I am tired of the returns anyway. I am ready for them to deal with who they have. The returns of Damian and Simon have put me off so much. Please don't brink back James.

• Members

I agree. I dont want to see James back. But all the who is going to outdo who storylines have run its course. I am tired of Paul, Meg, Emily, Dusty and Craig tying to get revenge against one another. These stories need to end.

Hopefully, Tom's story will be given justice but I highly doubt it with Jean P. at the pen.

• Members

ITA 110% w/ what you said. But basically this version of Craig is like James, and the writers are really on a losing streak here w/ bringing back old characters (Damian and then Simon), so they'd probably screw something up, knowing them.

And since it says that we're "led" to believe that Craig's the one who kidnapped Daniel, maybe he actually doesn't. You know, I wouldn't put it past Emily to pull a stupid stunt like having her own son kidnapped to get Craig thrown in prison. :unsure: B/c this was the woman who thought that kidnapping Dusty and keeping him away from Jen would somehow get Paul to reunite w/ her. :wacko:

There's no doubt that Emily doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about her son. She never has and probably never will. Where was there a storyline for Tom and Margo when Emily practically abandoned her son to go cheat on Hal w/ Paul? Oh, that's right! Tom and Margo were off in Siberia w/ the rest of the Hughes then. I thought that it would have been a fabulous idea to have a storyline where Margo had to deal w/ playing Mom to the son that her husband had w/ the woman he had an affair w/. But of course, it was all about Emily. Whenever she mentions the kid, he's w/ Susan (does he even see Bob or Lisa?). So yeah, I could totally see Emily using her son to get back in Paul's praises, or to go [!@#$%^&*] w/ Dusty.

Archived