Shrine to the Soap Hunk Winners Announced

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally disagree.

What EJ did was terrible. There's no debating that.

But look at it this way. Even though he raped her, he did it in a nice way, LoL. He didn't hold a gun to her head or anything... he just told her he wouldn't help her if she didn't give it up to him as he held a gun in his hand.

Alright, so yeah... it's terrible any way you look at it.

But think about this. EJ DiMera is the most talked about character on Days of Our Lives right now on all the message boards. Not Sami, not Marlena, not Hope, Bo or Steve and Kayla. It's EJ. He is the driving force behind so much story on this show, and James Scott's suave portrayal of a sadistic, spoiled bastard makes you want to jump in his lap and make mad, passionate love while running for your life at the same time. He's scary, but he draws you in. It's like hypnosis of some sort, and I've never seen someone do it quite so well as James. He deserves an Emmy for his performances as of late.

Everyone, on every board, is talking about EJ/James Scott, and they're all raving about his performances. He's the character that's on everyone's lips. And whether they love him or they hate him, they're talking about him... and they're WATCHING. In the end, that's all that matters... and that makes him (rape and all) a creative and entertaining success.

He will be redeemed somehow, just mark my words. This isn't James Reilly anymore. Hogan Sheffer is in charge, and he knows how to write dimensional characters, both good and bad. He'll find a way to take EJ on a road of redemption of some sort. It's possible... just look at Chelsea Brady. This character has been far too much of a creative success for Days and too much of a conversation piece for viewers for them to just lock him up and send him away to bad-guy land. So, for all the James Scott fans, I wouldn't worry about his future on the show at all. I think that this is just the beginning.

• Members

I'm not watching. I'm very disappointed in the nasty direction the story has taken. Everyone may be talking - but they're all disgusted.

If you disgust people long enough, they stop watching.

EJ was a highly layered character, now he is just a thug.

• Members

I completely agree with those that say James' win was well deserved. He is amazing looking, and has changed so much since AMC. He is doing such a great job at Days and AMC was stupid to drop him. IMO, he is the only one out of the bunch that deserved to win, and he is worthy of that win. I do watch the other shows the other men are on, and feel very confident in my voting. I am a proud James Scott fan

IMO, it doesn't matter who would have won, it would have been stated that the fanbase would have stuffed the votes. To each his own on who their choice would have been, however this year happens to be James' year and he deserves it.

• Members

Pfft. Jack Deveraux was a rapist. Fans love him. Sami Brady was a rapist. Fans love her.

EJ Wells will see his day of redemption, too. It doesn't seem like it at the moment, because fans are in the moment and fucious (as they should be -- get emotionally involved!), but six months down the road... a year down the road... anything is possible. Especially with a talented actor in the role to pull it off.

• Members

AMEN.

I loved EJ in the beginning. He was a great character with all his layers, but I absolutely hate what he has become. And if Days does try to redeem him it will be another mistake. I am so tired of so many of the soaps trying to redeem all these bad characters.

All of these so called redemptions are just another reason soaps can't be taken seriously anymore. Here EJ will be redeemed - I see it coming just like Kenny and he can go the way of characters like Jonathan Lavery on All My Children and continue to give daytime a bad name these days. And people blame all of it on Passions that is giving daytime a bad name but it is not. It is all the shows doing stupid moves like these.

• Members

Thanks Kenny for appreciating my work. I just chose a great screencap of James as EJ looking very fine and very angry! LOL

But for a great pic of James and why so many voted for him as Best Hunk, etc.... Feast your eyes on this.

HunkyJames2.jpg

By the way, I don't care how nasty EJ is, he is great fun to watch. Afterall he is a DiMera.

• Members

Kenny I couldn't agree with you more. James Scott has got it all. He deserved every award he got. He is extremely handsome and sexy on every level. I have never joined a soap forum before. It's because James Scott heats up my TV everyday that he's on. Thanks James Scott for coming to Days and making the show 100% better and thank you AMC for giving us James. Kind of stupid of them. I can see them kicking themselves about now.

All I can say is Wow What a Hunk!

Archived