Days:Scandal Sheet RUMORs

• Members

Rumors

UPDATED 12/30/06

* Lucas is not a Horton after all, in fact he will turn out to be a Dimera

* Rumor has it we need to keep an eye out for Mike Horton. He is rumored to show up in the spring.

* Sami will be pregnant with twins, with EJ being the father of one, and Lucas the other.

* The Lockhart's have a deep dark secret, are they tied to the DIMERA'S???

* Izzy B, is in fact alive!

* Steve (Patch) & John have a dark past together.

* Tony may be heading back to Salem.

* Seems a SALEM couple will be getting married in February 2007!

* Rumor on the web is that the day ahead viewers (Canada),will soon start to see the same episodes daily that the US dose!

* Rumor is once again circulating that Chelsea is indeed Roman's daughter, and not Bo's. Rumor is this will be revealed sometime in 2007.

http://hometown.aol.com/daysscandalsheet/m...page/index.html

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These are just plain crazy.

Lucas is a Horton!

Izzy died of cancer.

Chelsea is Bo and Billie's daughter. even though it is ridiculous.

Humph!

haven't these been going around for a while now, just adding more to it?

thanks though for passing along the rumors

• Members

Sometimes I wonder why people even bother posting these "Days" or "Passions" 'rumors' from Dustin or others' sites -- they're almost ALWAYS so far-fetched that only the worst hack would pen them. Let's see, I can pull crap out of my caboose, too:

-John is actually Steve's brother!

-After learning that he didn't impregnate Sami, EJ meets with a witch doctor for advice and plays a special flute that sends a song of fertility -- and EJ's sperm -- to Sami's nether regions!!!

-Marlena threatens to kill Bo for not being there when John needed him!!!

-A chainsaw-toting Marlena stalks the Brady residence. Will Marlena kill Bo?!!!

-Desperate for Max's affection, Abby agrees to have a threesome with him and Mimi.

-Desperate for Chelsea's affection, Nick agrees to a threesome with him and "Lonely Splicer" -- but what Chelsea DOESN'T realize is that Nick IS her online Romeo!

-Marlena kills Bo!!!

-Shawn vows to avenge his father's death and kill Marlena, driving a wedge between him and Belle.

-Sami teaches Belle how to seduce Shawn to make him forget about killing Marlena!!! Belle, who has Caroline take care of Claire, seduces Shawn into bed for a WHOLE WEEK. The non-stop sex makes him forget about killing Marlena!!

-Belle learns she's pregnant after her marathon sex with Shawn!!

Yuck.

I could go on and on.

THe point is, PLEASE, let's not perpetuate these things that anyone can make up.

• Members

I think the Sami one where she's pregnant with twins, one by EJ and one by Lucas, may be true. I've seen that rumor posted in a lot of different places on several boards now from various posters. It would be one way to keep EJ on the canvas for several years--if he was the father to one of Sami's babies. Sami would always be worried about EJ/Dimeras kidnapping the child and the Dimeras/Bradys would be linked forever. At the same time, Lumi fans would kind of get a payoff too, b/c Lucas would also father one of Sami's babies. It's a kind of split the baby, let's make everyone kind of sort of happy that I could see Days PTB doing.

From what I understand, this story was done before with Guiding Light in the late 90s with Blake, Ross and someone else. So it's not like it's unprecedented. Besides, Sami's a twin. When I first heard the rumor, I kind of negated it too, But the more I think about it, the more I think that Hogie plans to do this.....

Not sure about the rest of the rumors, although it's funny that the Mike Horton rumor keeps coming up.....

• Members

Do a Google on that possibility. That shouldn't even be worth an ounce of fret time unless Hogan takes a page from JER's book and just because he writes the story can make anything happen without regard to reality.

If someone had posted a rumor that Billie and Bo would be sitting in an airport in Germany on Christmas without passports, money or anyone they know in the area in one episode and home safe and sound in time for celebrating same Christmas with family and friends in the next, I'd have not believed that either.

• Members

It's true. It can happen. Someone posted an article about it on the nbc Days message board. Here's the article from the DNA Diagnostics Center:

DNA Paternity Test Reveals Twins With Different Fathers

Cincinnati, OH. U.S.A. December 13, 2005 — DNA Diagnostics Center (DDC), a leading DNA testing company, reports several cases of twins that DNA paternity testing proved to have different fathers. Such occurrences, although rare, are being more frequently revealed via DNA testing.

These cases underline the necessity for testing both fraternal twins in a paternity test, if any doubt at all exists about the circumstances surrounding the twins’ conception,” says Dr. Michael Baird, DDC’s laboratory director. Paternity test results are often used as basis for child support and child custody decisions. Further, the biological father’s medical history, such as information about hereditary diseases, could be important for a child’s overall health maintenance.

Fraternal twins are formed when two separate eggs are fertilized by two sperms. If a woman has contact with different partners within her fertile time period and has multiple ovulations, it is possible for her to have fraternal twins or even triplets with different fathers. This phenomenon has been dubbed in medical literature as heteropaternal superfecundation.

There is a small time window when eggs are able to be fertilized,” says Dr. Baird. Sperm cells can live inside a woman’s body for 4-5 days. Once ovulation occurs, the egg remains viable for 12-48 hours before it begins to disintegrate. Thus, the fertile period can span 5-7 days.

In her article Multiple Births, Dr. Terence Zach of Creighton University states that the average birth rate of fraternal twins in the United States is about 8 per 1000 births (identical twins are 4 per 1000 births), although the rate varies by race.

The rate of fraternal twinning and other multiple births has been increasing since the 1970s, with the advent of assisted fertility methods, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). DDC has had a paternity test case in which the donated sperm for the IVF proved to be a mixture from two males, according to laboratory staff.

“The frequency of twinning is quite low, and so such cases [of twins with different fathers] are even rarer,” says Dr. Baird. “Previous DNA testing methods, based on blood antigens, were able to detect some of these cases, but DNA testing is much more powerful and now we can begin to get more accurate statistics. More accurate paternity testing might prove it to be a long-standing but little known phenomenon.”

http://www.dnacenter.com/media/twins-different-fathers.html

Here's info from wikipedia about heteropaternal superfecundation:

Heteropaternal superfecundation is very rare in humans, though more common in other animals. This is primarily due to the predominance of 1:1 heterosexual partner pairings among humans. A woman who has sexual relations with two or more men at short intervals within the same ovulatory period can be impregnated by both men.

There have been noted examples in the past. The classic case, which is discussed in Williams Obstetrics (1980), was recorded in 1810 by John Archer, the first doctor to receive a medical degree in the United States. According to Archer, a white woman who had sex with a black man and a white man within a short time subsequently gave birth to twins--one white, one bi-racial. Other cases have been reported since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfecundation

Also, here's a link to a 1994 article from The Journal of Forensic Science entitled "Paternity identification in twins with different fathers":

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...&query_hl=6

Department of Forensic Medicine, Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China.

If a female has sexual intercourse with two males at short intervals within the same ovulatory period, superfecundation may occur. This article reports two cases of paternity identification in twins. The results showed that each twin had come from a different father. Thus, great attention should be paid to such a situation when the twin paternity identification is asked for.

Ademption: Given how Hogie took a case from the headlines about face transplants in the Philip storyline, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for HS to do a heteropaternal superfecundation story for Sami either. At least, he's writing stuff that can realistically happen....

• Members

Thanks Dan for fleshing out the story for me and providing the details. So, GL punted the story after all, huh? I don't think that Hogie would do that here. Too many interesting storylines could develop with a Brady-Dimera child for years to come if Hogie/Days PTB decided to do the twin thing....

Archived