DAYS: Full J/M Article from SOD...

KLN

• Members

I just got totally burnt on DH remarks for SOD or her storylines when I believed her sincerely when she raved about JER being a genius and that Dr. North was a very, good man. She was sold on the most grusome, boring drawn out story and I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for her remarks to come true. Hogan may make this completely different than JER did with his dream sequences but I'll have to see it to believe it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Because it would be pretty darn boring otherwise. This s/l is the most interesting I've "seen" in years for J&M.

If you belive this s/l to be sci-fi then maybe you should really know what that word means first. Just a thought. :)

And ohh, about Alex North... Of course it's like Pest Spray said. It's obvious how TPTB changed that story.

• Members

From Wikipedia:

Science fiction (often abbreviated to sci-fi or SF) is a broad genre of fiction in which the narrative world differs from our own present or historical reality in at least one significant way.[1] This difference may be technological, physical, historical, sociological, philosophical, metaphysical, etc, but it should always be logically explicable with reference to the world we know (thus distinguishing it from fantasy). Exploring the consequences of such differences (asking "What if...?")[2] is the traditional purpose of science fiction, making it a relatively highbrow "literature of ideas"[3]. However, there are also many purported works of science fiction in which a superficially "sci-fi" setting is superimposed upon an otherwise conventional tale, and it is this "lowbrow" form of the genre that is most widely recognized outside science fiction fandom. As such, there is often a perception that science fiction is escapist or juvenile.[4]

I believe it fits into this category. It also fits paranormal and other escapist sorts of descriptions. I hate it, but that is what tptb want to do. Probably this won't be over a 10-month period of time and changed from day to day. As stated before, we just have to go through it to see. I do believe that Hogan won't allow something that isn't great to air though.

• Members

More on the sci-fi and paranormal theme...again from Wikepedia from above:

Psionics

Passive abilities generally deal with the mind and/or nervous system. This area is generally considered to include telepathy (Sensing or affecting thoughts), empathy (sensing or affecting emotions), precognition (predicting future events), remote viewing (seeing a location without the use of physical eyes), and nervous system-related effects (sensing or affecting the senses and/or nerves of others).

I'm not a huge sci-fi fan but have been interested since the first time I heard of sending a man to the moon in the fourth grade and read many books and saw nearly all the sci-fi movies. Tek Wars , a series of novels and a TV mini-series by William Shatner, is one of my favorites and it touches on these sorts of things. Very, very interesting. Still sci-fi though.

Archived