NY Daily News: 'Days' features everlasting Hope

• Members

'Days' features

everlasting Hope

By CAROLYN HINSEY

It's a rough holiday for Hope next week on "Days of our Lives" when she gets kidnapped by Patrick and then goes into labor.

"Hope has always seen a soft, kind side to Patrick," says Kristian Alfonso, who plays Hope. "She hasn't seen that wretched side that makes Bo so frightened for her. But she knows he can turn on her, so she's trying not to make him angry."

To no avail. Patrick kidnaps Hope from the Brady Pub "at gunpoint" and takes her to an abandoned warehouse.

"She's reasoning with him through the whole thing," says Alfonso. "She's trying to play middle ground: 'You can still try to save yourself. It's E.J. they're after.' "

That doesn't work either.

"Then her water breaks," groans Alfonso. "Hope turns to him and says, 'Please. I'm having your baby now in this filthy warehouse with a gun pointed at me.' Something snaps him out of it, and he says, 'What am I doing?' He's so scared for his own life because of E.J. , he's not thinking straight. He does love Hope, and he loves this baby."

Just when things look really grim, Bo rides to the rescue.

"Bo comes in and delivers the baby," says Alfonso. "Patrick's holding the baby after the birth and Hope is like, 'Please let me hold her. Is the baby okay?' That's when Patrick reveals it's Bo and Hope's. Boom! 'It's yours and Bo's.' "

Hope's response to Patrick's shocking revelation?

"'Why are you saying this? Why are you telling us this now after all the tests showed you are the father?' He tells them that he paid off Dr. Bader. He knows he's going to jail when this is over, so he takes the extra steps, hoping they'll be more lenient with him."

Patrick is led out in handcuffs, and Bo and Hope head for the hospital with the new baby.

"Finally," says Alfonso. "It's been a long road - a year and a half."

They won't name the baby right away, because NBC is doing a "Name Hope's Baby" contest in which fans can vote on one of five names: Darcy, Rory, Cassidy, Bridget and Ciara.

"One of the things I say to the baby is, 'You've brought Mommy and Daddy so much joy,' " says Alfonso, "so I thought it would be cool if they named her Joy Brady. I didn't know there was a list! Maybe that can be her middle name. Or Alice, because Hope is so close to Alice."

Indeed, Hope's grandmother will be there for the holiday scenes before the drama begins.

"They have a very sweet, emotional Christmas, because it is the first Christmas without Zack. Chelsea's there to hang her Christmas ornament for the first time and she's shaky, so Hope helps her do it. Of course they're missing Jennifer and Jack, but Doug and Julie are there with Shawn, Belle and baby Claire. So, it's the usual ... minus the missed!"

http://www.soapzone.com/boards/read.php/days/main/14145

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry guys. I didn't realize that Chelsea had gotten her ornament last year. I'm still trying to figure that one out since she isn't a Horton but whatever.

Looks like Tuesday's show will be jam-packed with the Abby finding Max/Mimi; Steve reading the Christmas story, the Clay Aikin appearance and then the ornament hanging ceremony.....

I'm also glad that Alice will be there. Wish Mickey could make it too. Oh, well...

• Members

That's because all the Horton traditions are now Horton-Brady traditions :rolleyes:

Naw but I guess it was Hope's way of welcoming Chelsea into her family also. Sure we've had our gripes with Hope over the past year but let's not forget that at one point she was more gung-ho about Chelsea being part of the family than just about anyone.

Sounds interesting, thanks for posting.

• Members

I really hate the fact that Chelsea has her own ornament. She's not 6! If she were younger and she was living with Bo and Hope, I could see Alice creating an ornament for Chelsea so that she doesn't feel left out. But she's not a child. Chelsea is a grown woman and doesn't need to go to the Horton house with Bo. This was nothing but a plot device last year to make Hope closer to Chelsea, so that the impact could be greater after the reveal. I wish they would do away with Chelsea's ornament. Smash the b!tch, Alice!

• Members

Yeah, but Lucas is a Horton and he only got one after it was revealed that Bill Horton was his father. Chelsea isn't a Horton. That's the issue....

Did Chloe get an ornament? I'm trying to remember. I think there was some type of uproar when she got one despite the fact that she's not a Horton....

Archived