December 11-15, 2006

R!ck

• Members

ITA with you.

And this is no insult to younger viewers, but they tend to be more fickle. Not all of them but the majority are. I know that my daughters and my son who are 20, 18, and 15 can be so hot about one show today, and then tomorrow have another show that is their fave. So catering to them is even harder.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These numbers are really, really disappointing. The show is so much better right now and last week was just firing on all cylinders. I just don't get it.

My biggest worry is that TPTB won't give Sheffer a chance to build back an audience and will force him to change his style. I feel like we've only really *seen* his style in the last couple of weeks and I love what I'm seeing.

• Members

Key here: BUILD AN AUDIENCE. The suits need to give a good show time to rebuild an audience. It seems soaps so often change direction just to try to spike ratings (at least the ABC soaps do). In the end that loses more viewers. But once lost, it will take time and a steady (and talented) hand to rebuild the shows.

Will any of tptb be willing to take the risk to BUILD that audience back up?

• Members

The one thing I would tell Hogan is to not change one damn thing. Keep writing the stories that he has planned. And, if KC starts with his garbage, tell him to F*** off. If people watch, wonderful. If not, that's up to them, but the show is fantastic, can't-miss television right now, and if folks, for what ever reason, don't want to watch, oh well.

I'm tuning in every single day it's on.

• Members

I am stunend by Day's ratings. My goodness, what on earth do the fans want?!? Some of them are just NEVER pleased.

Can Hogan do anything more? He's doing all he can and it's not working! :(

I hear people they won't watch until so and so is back, and that is when I want to say WATCH! Because you will not get Eileen Davidson, Louise Sorel, or Joe Mascolo back if you don't watch, it is the fans who after all make the money here. Not watching in the end is pointless, because if the fans uproar so much about someone like Eileen, and NBC hears it, but the fans don't watch, that is what causes these cuts to happen and fan favs like Renee Jones to be lost! If Days ratings were what they should be, I don't think they would be having to fire so many people.

Most people just don't see it that way I guess, actually, some people probably don't even know there are ratings!

• Members

I am stunned by these ratings! I don't care if some think it's an excuse but its true a lot of people don't watch soaps live anymore. Its beyond stupid just how small a sample of DVR actually get counted. I may watch DAYS live 5 times a month tops. How many others are like me who don't or can't watch their soaps live very often? I either record it on my VCR or DVR it and now that I am back home for the holidays I can watch it on SoapNet. I wish someone could get the ratings for SoapNet and find out just how many people watch ABCD, DAYS, and Y&R on there instead of live. I know more people watch soaps than this and wish there was a way for a more accuarate system. I could say this each and every week though and its probably gotten old to have me say this time and time again but damn why isn't there a better Neilson system in place.

Yeah DAYS isn't perfect, but no soap is right now. And for those that say its because all this Stefano talk that DAYS is tanking, well I respectfully disagree. To some extent that could be true, but just about every soap has heavy dosage on characters fans hate, not just DAYS. I just don't see how DAYS dropped to a 2.2 TWICE. I thought last week was one of the best overall weeks DAYS has had all year, what do the fans want? I honestly would like to know because I haven't enjoyed DAYS this much in I don't know how long. And its not just me, look at all the praise on here which is a very small number obviously, quite a few people I know are also tuning back in because the show has turned a 180 in a very short period. I just hope the numbers increase eventually because if they don't Corday may do something very drastic that may have me disappointed with DAYS yet again.

• Members

I actually watched the entire week of Days last week and it was actually quite good. It is definitely so much better than it once was. I honestly don't get the ratings and I too was shocked at the two 2.2's Days received. I'm sure everyone on this board knows I love Passions and therefore I want Days to get blockbuster ratings so they can help Passions. :rolleyes:

• Members

I agree KBT and King.

That is what is so frustrating. Hogan is doing awesome right now and is delivering but people don't tune in. The ratings system is flawed and it's a problem when a show delivers 5 excellent shows last week and doesn't get a reward. Most people I know watched on Soapnet, which isn't counted. As I said, I HOPE people were just busy because the numbers for all soaps on Thursday and Friday were either stagnant or went down. Maybe it was finals or shopping. I hope it was because the reaction on the net of a good deal of Days fans was mostly positive last week. I just don't get it.

• Members

Again, TIME is needed to build the audience back up. Gimmicks will produce ratings spikes, but not cause lost viewers to return or new veiwers to stay. The show needs time and a GOOD MARKETING CAMPAIGN. As much as I hate what was done to ABC soaps under Brian Frons, the guy does know how to promote (unfortunately, he often promotes what is weakest on the shows, but he gets the word out!). NBC needs to PROMOTE the show and let viewers know WHY they need to tune in. NOT just advertisements on TV, but working the soap mags, TV guide, newspapers, etc. If folks are curious they will look in, and if the show is good they will stay.

• Members

I agree with your posts 100%. The only thing I will say is I don't see how they can work the magazines more than they do. The only real competition they have with the soap mags is GH. If one is not on the cover with the feature story each week then the other one is. Evidently that part isn't working either. I think primetime promos is needed big time. I know they have done a few, but it is the big thing that is needed.

Archived