Y&R: OMG this is NOT necessary!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I disagreed with this originally, but I agree now. I think that the majority of her stories has\ve been so good, but how hard is it to see that this story is a flop and needs to be dropped? I have not seen one even remotely positive review of this story so why keep expanding it? Focus on whats working for you you moron!

She also holds onto her least stories (reliquary), avoids drama which causes boredom (Phick) and ignores her most successful stories like Michael/Lauren and the Chancellor return. Why not give those a boost all these months while Phick is basically doing the same thing over and over again? While the reliquary is going in circles?

This is how the other CBS soaps are done and we see how the quality shifts with GL and ATWT. I still think Y&R can be very good in spurts, but those bad or boring spurts are the problem. I'm also beginning to think that Bernie Lechowick was the mastermind behind he and Latham's years at Knots Landing. If you look at all her credits without him the programs are a lower quality. I guess he was the ying to her yang. She might be better with Josh Griffin or Lechowick as her co-headwriter instead of the dreadful Scott Hamner.

• Members

I never prasied her, after reading about some of the cast (especially Joan Van Ark) on Knots Landing not liking LML; I went with the wait and see attitude. I really got worried when I read that Joan had to go over LML to the EP when her character was written in a way she was uncomofortable with on Knots.....

LML is a prime example of why it can be dangerous to have one person serve as both Executive Producer and Head Writer.......

Y&R used to be a show people didn't want to miss an episode of, now you can watch 2 episodes a week an keep up with what's going on.....

LML can take this craptastic Reliquary and Art History drivel and shove it where the sun doesn't shine....... :rolleyes:

Archived