AMC: Julia Barr's story Exit

• Members

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000047

All My Children: Julia Barr Update

TVGuide.com previously reported that soap star Julia Barr — who's played Brooke English on All My Children since 1976 — has departed from the ABC sudser. Now there's more info to share... and it's rather disappointing, kids.

Brooke will last be seen among the mourners at Simone's funeral in the Wednesday, Dec. 20 episode. After that, she simply vanishes from the canvas of Pine Valley without explanation. An AMC rep confirmed to TVGuide.com that "there is no exit scene planned" for Brooke, but did not elaborate further.

The outspoken Julia Barr is understandably bummed out about this. In her December newsletter, Barr writes:

"I had assumed that I would have a final scene regarding my character's departure — certainly with Tad or Jamie, or even a last jab at Erica. I think the fans would have liked the chance to say goodbye to Brooke and to have had some closure with the character many have known for 30 years. I know it is what I would have wanted. However, it was not the decision that was made for whatever reason."

Hmmph! Now is this any way to treat a beloved suds veteran?

It is really hard to understand how the writers could do this to her and the viewers!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so very sorry that you have been treated this way, Mrs. Barr. You deserve so much better. Do not dwell on these, but move on to something worthwhile. Know that many of us look forward to seeing you again.

With much gratitude,

RB

• Members

Hmm, that post & poster name makes me curious. But I agree with every word of it. Julia Barr is a gem. It sickens me that in the past two years, both of my favorite AMC actresses have been let go. I'm proud of both Julia & Marcy for declining recurring status.

Archived