DAYS: The Brash Theory rears its ugly head .... again

• Members

As I was reading the prevuze for Thursday's show today and came across what Bo had written in his letter to Hope while he was in jail, I had a bit of deja vu when I read the words "Larry Welch."

I talked about this theory a couple of weeks/month ago but abandoned it. However, with the Larry Welch mention in tomorrow's show, I've been thinking about my Brash theory once again.

What if Hogie/Days' writers are re-doing the Bo/Hope/Larry Welch storyline from November 2002? Remember that storyline?

Larry Welch kidnapped Hope and made it look like Lexie was responsible for Hope's death. The cops arrested Lexie. Meanwhile, Larry Welch had Hope write the following note (courtesy of Dustin's website):

The following letter was from Hope to Bo while she was kidnapped and held hostage by LArry Welch. She put numerous clues in it to alert Bo. The clues were How We, referring to Howie Hoffsteader who helped them thwart Larry's plans the first time he was in Salem

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/misc/hopekidnapped.html

Meanwhile, the audience appears to see Billie working with Larry. She talks to him several times etc. Bo threatens to choke Lexie's neck in front of witnesses including Cameron Reese. Cameron threatens to sue Bo and the entire police force if he gets near Lexie. Tony planned a way for Lexie to escape. She pretends to be sick and is brought to the hospital, where she escapes. She went onto the rooftoop to wait for a helicopter to pick her up, when Bo finds her and strangles her neck. Craig pronounces Lexie dead and Bo is arrested for 1st degree murder. Abe testifies at Bo's bail hearing that he should not be released on bail and the judge agrees. Somewhere, Larry "kills" Billie. Eventually, Roman allows Bo to break from jail and Bo finds Larry Welch and Hope about to escape from Salem. In the end, we find out that Billie and Lexie were in the act as well. We the audience get all the missing pieces filled in the Tuesday, Nov 26th episode.

Here's what similiar b/w then and now:

1) Bo makes public threats against Patrick in front of witnesses several times

2) Bo gets arrested for assaulting Patrick

3) EJ threatens to sue the police department and Bo/John for investigating him.

4) Instead of Hope writing a letter to Bo, this go around Bo writes a letter to Hope that says:

http://prevuze.blogspot.com/

Not sure if this is the entire note, but it's from prevuze so close enough.

5) Abe is ready to throw the book at Bo, despite lack of forensic evidence that Bo even committed the crime.

6) Then we get this cryptic conversation b/w Hope and Bo towards the end of the episode:

http://prevuze.blogspot.com/

Ademption: If my Brash theory is right, then that last line "the ride of a lifetime" is an important clue, since Hope repeated it to Bo. Like that letter b/w Bo and Hope during the Larry Welch situation, I think this latest letter also has a bunch of code words in it. Also, why mention Shawn going to law school then? Has he been undercover all of this time?

7) At the very end of the episode, Roman tells Hope that if she really loves Bo, she would get Patrick to drop the charges.

What I can't figure out is whether Patrick is playing the Billie role, where it appears that he's working on the inside with EJ but really is helping the Bradys catch EJ/Dimera clan.

I was really into this Brash theory but then I dropped it for some reason, but there are a lot of weird conversations on tomorrow's show, so I'm picking it back up. Oh, and for Toups, yes I probably should call the theory the Brash/Cwikly theory, but since Cwikly is gone to Y&R now, I'm sticking with calling it just the Brash theory.... I could see Brash working with Hogie to develop this storyline since he/Cwikly wrote a similiar story 4 years ago.....

So do you think I'm way off base? Is this theory viable or are there too many holes in it?

P.S. I started this thread in the spoilers section so that we could be free to discuss spoilers if you all do think that my theory is viable....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very well thought out. I remember when you first brought this up I agreed with you and I still do. I can see this happening and I would love it because I loved that Larry story.

It is good use of history that Larry comes up in the letter tomarrow so I wonder if it is a hint?

I agree with Drew though-when EJ goes down it will be a long time from now.

• Members

It's definitely possible, but I really don't think at this point that Patrick is anything but a bad guy, and really is working with E.J. All I know is I'm ready for Patrick to be GONE, so whatever Hogan does to make that happen is fine by me.

• Members

Oh Ademption, I totally love your idea. Could you please apply for a writing position with this show, LOL!

That story was one that I thoroughly enjoyed because Andrew Masset came back. He and Kristian are wonderful together, and Larry Welch is a delicious villian.

Could this story happen? I highly doubt it, but your theory is a good one.

• Members

I'm just going to add the entire note from Bo. I thought prevuze had it, but apparently not...

Words that pop out to me.

Hope...listen to what I have to say....

your faith is repeated twice....

you know is repeated twice....

Hope repeated the line of the note "ride of a lifetime" back to Bo at the end of the show.

That's all that I can figure out....

• Members

A couple of more things that have popped out to me.

RE SHAWN

I think Shawn is part of the Bo/Hope investigation of Patrick and possibly Billie. Perhaps Shawn is undercover and that's why he's living with Willow. I didn't realize it b/c I don't know Bo/Hope's history that well, but apparently, when Bo/Hope were on the outs earlier in their relationship, Bo began living with an old friend, Diane Parker, a prostitute.

From Dustin's character history:

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/characters/bradys2.html#bo

I think the same deal is happening with Shawn, while he's investigating Patrick/EJ.

RE: Billie/Chelsea

Ever since that conversation b/w Kate and Chelsea on last Wednesday's show, I've been wondering if Kate/Billie hired "Chelsea" to pretend like she was Bo's daughter to interfere with Bo/Hope's relationship and to bring Bo/Billie together. It just didn't sound like a normal convo that a grandmother/granddaughter would have. Then thinking back, when the show revealed that EJ was working with Kate to pretend to like Sami and Chelsea found them together, I remember Chelsea knew all about their nefarious scheme. I thought it strange at the time, but then I discounted it. Perhaps just Kate hired Chelsea for this performance?

I'm still leaning toward's Billie's involvement (if this 2nd theory pans out) after reading more of Bo/Hope's history. Again from Dustin's character history page:

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/character...ways.html#megan

Is this Billie/Chelsea story basically a redux of the Megan Hathaway storyline?

I also don't know what we're going to see with Billie and Patrick on Tuesday's show, but based on prevuze/EE from Monday's show, possibly Billie could be working with the Dimeras to bring down the Bradys.

http://www.salemplace.com/wwwboard/messages/34852.html

Perhaps this line is misleading but it sounds like Billie and Patrick are working together in some way, but somehow Billie crossed him? There's nothing in the daily spoilers/soap magazine spoilers about this so maybe there's a twist here....

• Members

WHOA! From that last post that ademption just posted, it seriously made me have Deja Vu to the Larry/Hope/Bo/Megan days.

And wow....that really got me thinking...I mean...if the Chelsea theory is true....and they do re do the Bo/Hope/Larry thing but with Patrick....wow. I mean, I just noticed the similarities to those two stories if all these theories ademption is tossing out are true.

• Members

Just a few thoughts for today:

First, the Billie/Patrick conversation on tomorrow's show is very brief and just seemed to be thrown in there. It seems like we the audience are missing the scene either before or after it to explain what's going on. That's very like what happened with the Nov 2002 scenes. I bet on Wednesday the show doesn't pick up that conversation but continues to leave the viewers guessing....

Secondly, I went back to last week's Wednesday show and watched Chelsea's video blog scene again. Here's the dialogue that struck out to me to this last time I watched it:

http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/transcripts...-11-28-06.shtml

Huh? That's a strange thing to say--people that pretend to be parents (I think megatranscripts omitted the word "my" as in people that pretend to be my parents). Does this mean that Billie is pretending to be Chelsea's mother and that Chelsea isn't Bo/Billie's daughter? It's a really strange line to throw in there, whatever it means....

Also, soapcity/sony has Bo's letter to Hope in their special features section:

http://www.daysofourlives.com/specials/spe...etail_2341.html

I remember they did something similiar with Hope's letter to Bo during the Larry Welch kidnapping back in 2002.....

Archived