Any Chantal Kreviazuk fans out there?

Adam

• Members

I have always enjoyed Chantal's sweet, soulful voice and she is so pretty. And my god what a piano player. Anyways I saw her live in Kitchener Saturday night and she put on a spectacular show. She played 15 songs, mostly songs of her new album plus all her greatest hits including Baby Before You, Leaving On A Jet Plane and In This Life to name some. She also spoke to the audience several times in between songs and went on a 5 minute long tyrade against George W. Bush LOL. Anyways, I was just curious if anyone else enjoyed her music out there? I still wonder sometimes why she didn't make it big internationally because she has the voice, musical sense and the looks to go places.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love her, too! I've been a fan since I saw the video to "Before You".

I think the only song that ever really got her noticed in the States was "Leaving on a Jet Plane"..wow, that was so long ago. I really love her new album - especially "All I Can Do", "Ghosts of You" and "Grow Up So Fast". It's really a shame she hasn't garnered more attention outside of Canada. She's such a talented singer-songwriter and as someone who plays piano as well, she's my 'mainstream' piano idol. I absolutely love how she continues to change her music and be creative with the melodies.

So glad to hear you enjoyed her show! Did Raine Maida (who I've been absolutely obsessed with again since I heard his solo stuff) open for her? I'm a huge Our Lady Peace but his solo work is far better than most of the stuff OLP has put out in recent years. You can my review of his EP here. I also mention Chantal since she did some of the background vocals. I'm seeing them February and I've been hoping for them to tour together for a long time so I can't wait for that show! :D

:lol: at her Bush tirades..she and Raine always brings either him, Iraq, or both during their shows. I've seen Chantal in concert twice already and the first show I went to was so awesome. She's quite the comedian. She mentioned how the song "Julia" is actually about Julia Roberts and she told us how she was in the same restaurant as JR and found her "annoyingly pretty". She also told us how much she hates Nicole Kidman and imitated her Oscar acceptance speech in this mocking tone (Aussie accent and all). :lol:

• Members

Only song I'm familiar with is her version of "In My Life." It was the first rendition of that song I'd ever heard and, to this day, the only version I like.

Makes me remember great times past, present, and future. Such a nostalgic piece.

She has a really soothing, pretty voice. Maybe I should check out her other stuff.

• Members

"Feels Like Home" was used a lot on Dawson's Creek, wasn't it?

I can't believe I forgot to mention "Far Away"! :o I absolutely love that song! :D

Here's a few of her videos from YouTube:

Far Away (it's only half the video but still worth seeing)

Leaving On a Jet Plane (from Armageddon soundtrack)

Believer (Probably my favourite song from her first album)

Dear Life (I forgot what a great video this was!)

Before You (the song that made me a CK fan)

In This Life

Time (I love how whoever put this video up added part of an OLP song) :lol:

All I Can Do (current Canadian single)

Archived