DAYS: Bill & Susan Hayes return for Christmas episode!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because recasting him the first time was a huge mistake. A character like Mickey Horton should never be recast. The character should've been killed when Clarke retired. However, for uncertain reasons, that was not done. Now, the show has an upcoming problem as this will be the first Christmas where there will be no Mickey.

I'm guessing the show will handle this in one of 2 ways.

1.) Mickey will be away from town working on a case.

2.) Micky may just die before Christmas.

• Members

So glad Bill & Susan Hayes are back. They should be put on contract or at least used as much as they were back during the serial killer storyline. These vets deserve much, much better.

I don't think DAYS should kill off Mickey. they should definitely re-cast. Plus they should bring either Melissa or Sarah Horton back, maybe both. These need to be done to strenghthen the Hortons!

• Members

I remember when Mickey was being held captive by Stefano in Venezuela. He escaped, was bitten by a snake and recaptured, then escaped again. Maggie refused for a long time to accept his death, but finally started seeing Don Craig. When Mickey finally returned home to Salem and reached the lakehouse, he witnessed Don proposing to Maggie and had a heart attack.

This is a vital character because of his rich history on the show. I wish they would keep the character. Maybe John Clarke would return for an episode here and there. You know the real reason he left was because he was so angry at what JER did to Suzanne.

But if Mickey were to go away . . . what about Maggie and Victor?

• Members

Whew!! I'm glad they are back, really glad. When it comes to the history of this show, who can shake the thought of Doug telling Julie he married her mother?? Then, when they were finally happy, Julie runs to mexico for an quick fix divorce because of her scarred face. I could go on, and on...but the fact is this couple made Days a "Couples Soap" before the 1980's and before Luke and Laura.

I didn't completely buy Reilly's snobbish interpretation of Julie, although it was fun to watch. Julie was always the most accepting and forgiving of the Horton clan. Bill was the tormented one, Mickey was the victim, Laura was the psycho, Marie was unstable, and Julie was the one who just couldn't stay away from trouble (mainly in the form of men). A modren day Sami, and that one Reilly got right.

Bring on the Hortons, please. And they can do more than hang ornaments. After all, during the 1970's they kept this show bumping at #1 or #2 in the ratings.

Archived