PSNS: The truth......

• Members

Due to all this ridiculous stuff, I really only watch for Grace and Charity, but sometimes Lucy, however I am starting to lose interest with them.

I used to really like ET, but I honestly don't care anymore, becuase JER totally ruined them by all these secrets.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, while I can agree on a lot of what is said about Passions, how dare you try and pass judgemnt on my television viewing? I can watch whatever the hell I want and if Passions is crap so be it, but how does that make me worse than JER because I watch? You need to get off your high horse and realize that this is a forum to discuss the soaps whatever show that may be.

• Members

ME! Stop watching PSNS? Bwahahhahahaa

I have watched since day one and have only missed 2 episodes (damn VCR) I am a HUGE fan and will watch until the end (whenever that may be)

Does it have problems? Yes, but I am adament that it will bounce back. It always does. Sure the show has a 1.5 rating, but 5% of households are still watching (same share since 04) Hell, PSNS only has a million less viewers than DAYS/GL/AMC/OLTL

I guess it's a matter of what you like, and I like Passions. And someone telling me how bad it is or to stop watching, just makes me want to watch it 100 times more.

Try again Mikey :lol:

ETA: I was selected to keep a Neilsen diary last week and PSNS/DAYS are on there Mon-Fri with everyone in my household watching

• Members

King I agree with everything you said but I will not stop watching just because YOU tell me too. If I want to watch it, let me watch it. How would we know if the show was really crap if we didn't tune in? You may miss a turnaround. Some of us are actually devoted to our shows and it takes alot to make us quit. I watched since day one and while I have thought about quitting I never will unless the characters I love are gone. I usually don't watch a show for actors or characters but the writing on Passions is not strong enough to watch for any other reason. Passions will have to go the way of ABC to make me quit and it takes alot to make me quit.

The ratings are bad enough right now so boycotting won't do squat because our board hardly has any Passions fans so how will TPTB notice a difference in the ratings if the ratings stink now? How will all of us not posting do anything?

I agree and I don't know what has happened either. King was one of the first posters that I took to here at SON but lately he has been so negative. I mean it's one thing to be critical but...man.

I still love ya King but we will have to disagree again on this one :) .

• Members

I think that would kind of make things worse, and I want Passions to be saved, I really do, and not only that, but if it is possible I want JER saved, I want the old one back, I want the one we saw during the nineties on Days and Passions, I want him to take his stories seriously on Passions.

Oh, and King how can you say such a thing? Some of us like Passions and there are some people here who Passions is their favorite soap, and they are not worse than JER. even if we hate some of the stories we are still going to watch. The only reason I ever stopped watching AMC is because I hated just about every story on their, but on Passions some of the stories I do like, they just need better actors. :rolleyes:

• Members

What I meant was people who say PSNS sucks and JER sucks and continue to watch. Toups and Ski and Rion, you guys still love JER so go on with your bad selves and enjoy it. Hence why the beginning of the sentence said "Call JER whatever names you want." It probably should have read "To those who call JER names, call him whatever you want, but..."

Reading back, I really can't see where I told people who like it to stop watching.

Sorry, I seem mean and bitter, PR and Toups, but you two seem very naive and love having your rose-colored glasses on when it comes to your shows so I can see how you could see that of me. To me, I'm objective. Everyone knows when PSNS and DAYS do amazing things, I am the first one to be on here starting a thread about it. And when they suck, I say that too. It's not my fault they opt for the second option more times than not.

I'm not.

Phoenix, your post to me is talking more about DAYS. I know you think DAYS is amazing right now, but I find it boring. SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY.

• Members

It had nothing to do with Days King. Well, it did because I was agreeing with Toups' observation. I mean if you find it boring that is fine. We already agreed to disagree. I was just agreeing with the observation that you never seem pleased with anything. I may be wrong but it's just observations. I am a positive person but I am also critical too. Maybe not as critical as you and I like to argue passionately for what I beleive in. I am not forcing others to agree, it is merely debating. People can have opinions but if I see opinions with posters who don't back it up with why they feel the way they feel I question them. That is why when many psoted Days was boring I asked them what they were looking for and then proved why I felt it wasn't. Doesn't mean anyone has to change their view but it's all part of debating.

You said that Thursday's Days was good so it shows that you acknowledge when you feel the show has impressed you. Most of my Days arguments don't even apply to you but apply to others who never explain why they feel how they do. You do so that is fine. :)

Now as for Passions, you were asking people to boycott so you were saying people should stop watching. That is what caused a bit of the stir but whatever. I mean JER can suck and so can the show but some of us love some of the actors and characters so it's not that easy to turn away.

• Members

Boycotting and not posting won't change a thing.

By posting, if NBC does happen to come on this board they will know what fans want. How can you boycott a show that already is at a 1.5 in HH? The ratings are low and I am sure NBC knows the show is struggling. Going lower won't bring changes unless you want it cancelled which is not the first option in my book. I would like some effort to save it first like revamping or something. Plus, the Passions fans on SON do not effect the ratings at all unless they are affiliated with the neilson ratings like Rick is so what good is that going to do? Bottom line-NBC hasn't done anything yet and either has Passions so I doubt any of that will even make a difference. People are boycotting ABC and nothing is being done and people boycotted Days for a long time and nothing happened. The networks make changes when they feel like it.

• Members

Because boycotting = no buzz, no word of mouth. Go after the ratings/viewers. That is the only proven way to see changes in a show. Talking on a message board and hoping JER will stop by and read what you're syaing hasn't worked ever in 13 years. Having DAYS hit their lowest ratings ever two springs ago did. A show that is 1.5 can still fall.

And throwing around how long you've been a fan of the show really proves nothing. I was a fan of the show 18 months before it aired and salivated over every preview interview he gave.

• Members

I have to admit, I'm getting fed up with JER's writing. He had the perfect opportunity here to have Little E's paternity come out and have Theresa get "exposed" without the possibility of losing Ethan. Then Gwacko could get exposed and Ethan could run to Theresa, and they could be together. Then they could weather the next threat, be it from Jared, Alistair, or someone new.

But now he's set things up so that the truth about Little Ethan will come out much later, thus destroying ET's relationship again.

JER has till the end of the year to prove me wrong. I'm not backing out just yet, not with Grace and Charity back, and Passions always improves around the holidays, so he gets the benefit of the doubt for now.

Believe me, I've never been this upset and annoyed with Passions, and I'm a die-hard JER lover.

Archived