PSNS: The truth......

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why I'm disappointed or even surprised by this is beyond me. I do feel like an idiot AGAIN, defending the show to lapsed viewers. Whatever happens to the show it totally deserves. I will continue watching because I like a lot of the actors, but Passions has disappointed and mislead me for the last time. I want JER fired or I want Passions replaced with a REAL soap opera with good writing. If it's cancelled, I only want it replaced with a new soap or I want Passions completely revamped. But, I'm truly done defending the show.

• Members

PSNS, when it first came out, was like a mix between a traditional soap, a supernatural show, and a spoof of soaps. And somewhere along the line, it/he just began embarcing the spoofiness way too much. It was somewhere around the Beth/Edna/Precious/Norma years, which was tolerable, but it got over the top, abundant, and it's been nonstop ever since. It's hurting the show. It has lost its essence. JER loves writing for the spoof-loving audience way too much.

• Members

King is right although I don't think it became too much of a spoof. Yes it does spoof things but it's not the whole show right now.

The show began to lose it in 2003 after the pit story. It just started to lack something and then in 2004-late 2005 it went straight up traditional and actually saw success. It should be notes though that the show gave fans alot of payoffs during that time and all the effort seemed to be going into Passions and not Days. Then, in late 2005, around the time after the tsunami, the show came apart and has never recovered. It brought back the supernatural but in stupid ways. The pace is slow again and the show is more concerned with shocking fans instead of giving them what they want. When the show was in it's glory period in it's first 3 years, it shocked fans but it built things up and the shocks actually made sense and were part of a plan. Now they don't seem to be. It's whatever JER can pull out of his ass to shock and awe fans into tuning in. I don't even think he has long-term plans anymore like he did when the show first started. Back then, you could tell everything was a part of a larger plan and now it's all a mess.

I remember when Passions first started it was said JER wrote a 5 year bible for the show. Well, since 2004 (the 5th anniversary) the show has fallen off big time so maybe that is a part of it. Maybe he ran out of ideas or something-who the hell knows.

All I know is something needs to be done or it's bye bye. I only hope a new soap is there to take it's place and that the good Passions actors end up there. Some of those actors don't deserve this and that is partly why I haven't quit watching yet. That and the holidays are usually pretty good but if this crap is stil around after the holidays then sayonara Passions!!

Right but I also think he gets off on making fans angry. He has the stupid idea in his head that driving fans crazy makes them tune in or that they will wait 7 years for payoffs. That doesn't work anymore. Ask Days and Y&R. The pace needs to be quicker. He made fans angry at Days too only the writing was better in the 90's. He gave little payoffs here and there but I think if he hadn't left we would still be going through some of his stories there. He should realize that Passions has had it's highest ratings in it's early years when it was fresh and the pace was a little better. Same goes for 2004-late 2005 when there were payoffs. Things need to happen. Enough torturing the fans. They won't stay and watch anymore since there is so many choices. JER needs to get things going and get to work although I personally would can his ass right now and try to revamp to give the show one last try.

• Members

I think everyone needs to boycott this show until something is done. No one deserves to get paid for this huge heaping pile of crap. It's a joke that anyone gets paid for this, and it's a joke anyone on that crew claims to be proud of anything done on the show in the past 2 years.

• Members

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Seeing Sheridan slowly filling Alistair's void, the awesomeness of Luis and Fancy and the hot "Fox is dying" storyline, there are some fine points. But the way he CLEARLY gets off on screwing Ethan and Theresa fans are is MADDENING. He really is sick. It's time. No, it was 'time' about three or four years ago. What a jerk!

• Members

I agree that JER gets off on making the fans angry but the ratings indicate that the fans are tired of it. Does JER not care about Passions as long as he gets his paycheck or is he in denial that the show is really bad. :rolleyes: I quit watching for various reasons but I had hoped that things would get better so I could watch again but I see they haven't so I'm ready for NBC to bite the bullet and either fire JER or cancel Passions. Come on NBC, anything has to be better to watch as long as it doesn't have the letters JER in it.

• Members

Oh it's a power trip King but it's also him making fans angry. That whole "throwing sandwiches at the TV" comment was used by Corday but I remember JER used that once as well. He builds things up for episodes on end, like the past two weeks with the ET drivel, and then even hypes a payoff in the mags and promos and then pulls back. He does this all the time, It worked in Passions' early years because everything was fresh and new but now it's ridiculous. He doesn't get fans don't wait anymore and he does get off on making fans angry because he thinks if they are angry they will tune in. He said as much at Days during his last run saying they may be angry but they won't stop watching. During his first run at Days, he made the fans wait and angered them too only the writing was better and he did do some things in between to keep things going a bit. Now it's boring crap and then big shock then more boring crap then building to a payoff-oh wait, nope, not time for the payoff yet. Stick with us another 8 years. He has no idea how to save this show.

Boycotting will not help. The show is already at the bottom. NBC knows where it is and JER doesn't seem to care. The only thing that can help it is JER having an epiphany or NBC enforcing a revamp or just flat out cancelling it.

• Members

Boycotting will help. If you, Rion, Rick, and JSF stopped watching and thus stopped posting about it, I don't think anyone would post about it on SON, and no one on SON would have any idea what is going on with the ridiculous show and would not watch this crap.

Call JER whatever names you want, but viewers who sit through it and continue to watch are even worse.

Archived