ATWT Casting News: DAYS actor moves East

• Members

AP has the acting talent of Charity Rahmer and the charisma of an amputee mute. It will be painful to watch people I love on ATWT like Maura, Michael, Colleen, Jennifer and Jesse interact with such a bad perfomer.

*note to self*

buy extra remotes due to the prediction of many worn out fast forward buttons

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think this is bad news. Peck is not the best actor in the world, nor is he the worst, nor will he be the best actor on ATWT, nor will he be the worst actor on ATWT. And personally I thought John Loprieno looked a little old for the part, even though he became my favorite Brad.

May I suggest Christie Clark as a Rosanna recast?

• Members

If there's anything ATWT has proven, it's that they'll pick up other show's "hunks" and try and get the fans to sample the show. It doesn't work, however, we never get a bump.

Hopefully, once the stunt casting fails, they'll give him the quick hook.

• Members

Well, Austin Peck isn't my favorite actor in the world, but I'm genuinely glad that he got a new job so quickly. I thought that he performed well during Cwikly and Brash's brief tenure, especially his exit scenes "That's all folks." I think he's capable of stepping up his performances, possibly with a little training? One good thing about his move to NYC is that I'm sure that there are more/better acting classes available in the Big Apple than I imagine exist in LA. It would be great if he used the opportunity while he was in NYC to perfect his craft.....

One of the things that I admire about Bryan Datillo and Ali Sweeney is the fact that they still take acting lessons and they're constantly striving to improve their performances. Perhaps with a little coaching and maybe some mentorship from some of the older/more experienced actors at ATWT, Austin Peck might become a good actor....

• Members

I will complain until the day he leaves ATWT because I know he will still suck. Going from extreme crap to just crap is not an improvement for me. I don't wanna watch people learn to act. Hogan did this all the time with his teens, like Peyton List.

BTW Erica, I highly doubt Austin Peck will do anything for ATWT's ratings, besides they don't need it, the show is doing great in the ratings these days. Better than DAYS even...

I love hunks and they do need one with two leaving, but find one who can act. Besides, I don't even think he is good looking. I don't like his nose and I find him a little doofus looking. He's nothing special. Certainly no Paul Leydon, Mark Collier or the original Mike, Shawn Christian.

ETA:

Wait, I was reading on another board that Brad is Jack's OLDER brother?! How the hell is that going to be believable? I know they deSORASed Carly to about 30, but there is no way Peck will be believable as Michael Park's younger brother.

Another reason to hate this casting!

• Members

Brad is older. Jack believed for years that Brad killed their father (or something?) when in fact is was the drunken mother Delores (right?) I loved Broderick because of her attention to backstory like that, but with so much of that swept under the carpet by Laiman and Sheffer it's difficult to remember all her little side plots.

Archived