ATWT Casting News: DAYS actor moves East

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 31 2006, 02:35 PM)

This is SICK! He was painfully bad during his return on DAYS and I can't believe that ATWT a soap known for it's strong acting would cast him! I'm absolutely floored! I will definitely be fast forwarding all his scenes.

But he's a major soap star with a huge teen girl following. They need RATINGS as well as great actors and that's what this is about. A lot of young DAYS fans will definitely sample ATWT to see Austin.

I agree. I always believed he was Austin.

Not to mention easy on the eyes and likeable.

Yeah. Ratings, ratings. That's what this is about.

A lot of angry pissed off Austin/Carrie fans will now be sampling ATWT because of this.

To me it's not such a dumb move. And Peck isn't as god awful as people claim. He acts and

says his lines very natural. He's just a HUNK. He can't help it.

• Members

Yeah Peck isn't as bad as many are saying but when he is bad he is BAD.

I don't expect to raise ATWT's ratings. I mean his return to Days did nothing for ratings. I mean I am sure he has following but not one that will help ATWT out with boosting numbers. CC would have a better chance at that but even she might not have that much of an impact if she is being brought on another soap as a new character when everyone thinks of her as Carrie on Days.

They could've improved the hunk quotient with someone who was a better actor but Peck will not be horrible. Like I said, he has never had consistently good writing on a daily basis so he might do better then he has. Most days he is fine but there are moments when he is terrible. I think he will be fine even though I am concerned about him fitting into the role since it seems they are de-aging the character.

• Members

I thought Austin Peck stunk to high hell his first time around on DAYS, the only thing he did well was the "duh" look.

But he was quite a bit better his second time around, from an observers perspective. With good material, a girl he has chemistry with - not the worse decision by ATWT. If they made this decision with the Austin Peck of 10 years ago, bad decision. It's recurring for the moment, right? So I'm guessing they want to see how he performs as an actor on their show...and with the ratings.

ETA: Oh, not recurring, I guess. But all the same.

• Members

I knew you watched Y&R ya little beyotch :P Hell, I watch DAYS and occasionally PSNS myself. And while I may agree that Peck improved this time around, I think he only improved by DAYS standards. I don't think he's at all prepared for a show like ATWT or Y&R.

• Members

Well, congrats to him I guess. He did want to go back east, or so I read.

As for Christie and Matt, if they want jobs on soaps, I am sure they will not have any problem with that. I am sure whatever CC and MA decide to do they will not have any problems at all.

Archived