ATWT Casting News: DAYS actor moves East

• Members

From SOD:

DAYS vet Austin Peck has been tapped to resurrect the role of AS THE WORLD TURNS's Brad Snyder, last played by John Loprieno in 1999. The actor just finished airing as DAYS's Austin last week and will start taping in December. "I’m going to be an antagonist, which I think is more up my alley," says Peck. As for who he auditioned with, Peck is coy, explaining. "I cannot say. I would tell you, but I’ve been told to keep it quiet." For the full interview with the actor, check out the 11/14 issue of Soap Opera Digest.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 31 2006, 07:35 PM)

This is SICK! He was painfully bad during his return on DAYS and I can't believe that ATWT a soap known for it's strong acting would cast him! I'm absolutely floored! I will definitely be fast forwarding all his scenes.

He definately showed improvement in his last stint. And he hardly had the best material to work with. I can imagine him doing really well in ATWT with better scripts.

• Members

I think he may have been worse. His performance during his final show, with Hogan's script was terrible. His "oh no you didn't" line about throwing Sami's ass out was laughable. And don't forget the initial reveal that Sami had lied to him and Carrie. The guy was terrible, just fading in the background while everyone else is acting their asses off.

ATWT should've saved the money, gotten a life size doll and dub Chris Goutman saying the lines. It would be more convincing that Peck merely speaking, or still learning to act.

It just pisses me off so much because ATWT has always had such a well respected cast. Why would they do this? Even the dayplayers are better than Peck.

• Members

Wow...happy for him. Last time he couldn't even get a job and this time he got one quickly.

I don't know if he fits the role but he did improve a bit in Days. However, the days when he is bad he is VERY bad. We never reallt got to see him do alot with good writing daily so maybe at ATWT he will perform better with better material. I will be curious to see how this turns out.

I hope CC gets anothet job too although there are rumors of her being a temporary recast for Passions's Gwen when Liza Huber leaves. I have a gut feeling CC will be back on Days, much like Matt Ashford. I don't know when but that is the feeling I got from both of their exits but whatever the case good for Peck. I hope he succeeds.

• Members

ATWT wanted a body. Soap execs and the network think we are mindless idiots and want to watch naked guys no matter how well they can act. As long as the majority of soap fans support these types of characters and the actors who play them, they will keep doing it.

I hope they don't plan on pairing Brad with Katie. Terri C. deserves a good acting partner.

Archived