All Soaps: Writing Staff changes after Sweeps

• Members

The following quote by Errol and a new audio interview by [s.W.S.N.B.N.]

got me to thinking that there's writing changes coming to the shows

after November sweeps, but which shows?? Tide Detergent and Jif

Peanut Butter got Boof fired from Days of Our Lives but she's now

back on daytime.

I heard this same exact thing from a friend of mine who works at Disney. That she was signed

to All My Children and was working with Burton Armus. That was in early August, but I

didn't want to post anything that I couldn't prove and get banned.

I heard directly from Burton Armus own mouth that he is coming to HW All My Children.

I ran into him with some of his golf buddies.

People, I kid you not.

Now there's an audio interview up on another website where [s.W.S.N.B.N.] says she is

working on a soap opera right now as a "consultant" without a contract, but she's fearful to

put her name on the credits because Tide Detergent and Jiff Peanut Butter got her fired

from Days of Our Lives. This is from her own mouth in her own interview.

"All My Children" may have let [!@#$%^&*] go when the Whitney Houston brooha broke out at

the end of August.

I don't know if it's true, but someone told me that [s.W.S.N.B.N.] is consulting "uncredited" at

Young and the Restless and Kay Alden is doing the same for As the World Turns. [!@#$%^&*] is

basically writing the Druscilla plot for the last two months I'm told.

If "All My Children" let Burton Armus and [s.W.S.N.B.N.] get away then they're craziest idiots

on the planet. I think Armus could do major things for AMC because that's his lifelong

favorite soap and he's pissed at how McTavish has been writing it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When you mentioned someone was tweaking Dru's dialogue, I figured it was Boof! What does everyone think about this? I've been loving Dru so if she's writing this then I hope they keep her. The only thing is that the writing for Neil has been terrible, very inconsistant.

As for Kay Alden at ATWT, not crazy about her AT ALL, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving her a shot as headwriter or co-headwriter. Jean is *okay* but there is lots of room for improvement.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 29 2006, 02:33 PM)

When you mentioned someone was tweaking Dru's dialogue, I figured it was Boof! What does everyone think about this? I've been loving Dru so if she's writing this then I hope they keep her. The only thing is that the writing for Neil has been terrible, very inconsistant.

As for Kay Alden at ATWT, not crazy about her AT ALL, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving her a shot as headwriter or co-headwriter. Jean is *okay* but there is lots of room for improvement.

Correction. [!@#$%^&*] is not writing the Druscilla plot, but is consulting on the Winters family

and writing scenes for Druscilla, Asian dude and "Sheila twin".

I found out because [!@#$%^&*] supposedly pitched a fit when Davetta Sherwood was fired and

she got Steve Wyman to create a role for Davetta at DAYS, but you didnt hear it from old

Gabe. *Wink*

• Members

I swear this woman needs to be smacked in the face. Pitched a fit? WHY does she think she has so much clout in daytime slash why does she? She needs to be lowered a few pegs. Her ego is sickening. She's been in daytime 5 minutes.

• Members

Ooooh sounds like Davetta is joining Days after all!!!!

And as long as Megan Mctavish just leaves AMC.... I will start watching again, I do hope they get Armus though!!!!

And I hope they get a new writer for OLTL too, because I am getting tired of all this stuff Dena is writing.

And which Soap is [!@#$%^&*] writing for now? Y&R or AMC?

• Members

I don't know. Wish I did.

All I knew is the same thing Errol said about [!@#$%^&*] signing with AMC for a year, but that

must have fell through, because in her interview with BET she said she was supposed to

move to another soap after Days but sponsors messed it up.

There's a new radio interview online with [!@#$%^&*] at "another website" where she says she

has been writing on another soap for eight weeks as a consultant. She explains why

she doesn't want her name on the credits and she big-ups Beth Milsteine. She jokingly

calls Meg Kelly a [!@#$%^&*] for stealing her man. LOL! :lol:

A few weeks ago someone told me Josh Griffith brought KB to consult on Y&R and that

all the CBS soaps now have "ghost consultants". Please don't hold me to it because I

don't have good contacts on this one.

LOL!!!

Hey King, I could be reporting the "rumors" wrong, man. Don't hold me to it.

To be specific I heard that KB knew that there's a role of Abe's out of wedlock daughter

coming up on Days and since she's close with Steve Wyman she asked him to consider

Davetta for the part.

It was the lady who plays Drucilla that pitched a fit in the press and Producers had to

calm her down. KB as consultant on Winters family backed her up.

• Members

I'm not surprised Rowell pitched a fit, she looked like she wanted to kill Christel in her scenes together, lol. Plus her statement on the matter was...

Chistel: She did the part justice.

Davetta: She brought so much blah blah blah to the role and I'll miss her

For Christel her response was very PC, but for Davetta it felt so personal. I'm glad people were opposed to it, this is a TERRIBLE move and you can just watch Jump Into Genoa City to see how AWFUL Christel is in the role. No chemistry with ANY of her family and her Lily is very self centered and annoying. Her acting is mediocre at best.

November 7th will be a sad day for Y&R, thats when she returns, lol.

Erika, any idea who's at B&B? That show needs some SERIOUS overhauling, lol.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 29 2006, 03:13 PM)

I'm not surprised Rowell pitched a fit, she looked like she wanted to kill Christel in her scenes together, lol. Plus her statement on the matter was...

Chistel: She did the part justice.

Davetta: She brought so much blah blah blah to the role and I'll miss her

For Christel her response was very PC, but for Davetta it felt so personal. I'm glad people were opposed to it, this is a TERRIBLE move and you can just watch Jump Into Genoa City to see how AWFUL Christel is in the role. No chemistry with ANY of her family and her Lily is very self centered and annoying. Her acting is mediocre at best.

November 7th will be a sad day for Y&R, thats when she returns, lol.

ITA with everything you just said. Christel's Lily was just awful. I can't wait to see the interaction between her and VR when the scenes air. I willing to bet that there will be a huge change in chemistry between Dru and Lily.

• Members

I don't know, I think Lily was written differently when both actresses played the character. Lily wasn't always this loyal and lovable character we see with Devetta. Lily was written as a self-centered, angst-ridden teen throughout most of Christel's run. It's almost like judging two completely different characters. In Christel's defense, her Lily wasn't intended to be very likeable imo. One thing she did do right though was the paternity reveal, Christel rocked that storyline.

• Members

I even thought Khalil was miscast for the old Lily. I can't buy her as this wrong side of the tracks bad girl hanging with a bad crowd in Paris. Davetta managed to bring the vulnerability that Lily has always had as well as the strength she was supposed to have, but Khalil could never convey.

Archived