All Soaps: Writing Staff changes after Sweeps

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm hearing Abe had an affair on Lexie and Tek will pay a teenage girl to pretend she's the daughter from it.

I also talked to my friend about Y&R and he said that KB and VR don't feel that Khalil will be as convincing as Davetta would be in upcoming storylines. KB felt that Davetta is more like Dru and that Khalil isn't "black" enough whatever that means to be Neil and Dru's daughter. LOL!!! Of course I have no proof any of this is true, but VR and KB pitched a fit and lost.

• Members

CBS supposedly has ghost consultants on all their shows,

These are gossip and rumors though which is why I have not posted any of this crap.

A lot of it seems very unlikely to me.

Josh Griffith, [s.W.S.N.B.N.]-Young and Restless

Kay Alden-As World Turns

Patrick Mulcahey, Charles Pratt Jr.-Bold and Beautiful

Charles Pratt Jr., Donna Swajeski-Guiding Light

The rumor is that Charles Pratt is going to HW GL, Mulcahey is going to co-HW with Bell at BB, Kay Alden and Donna Swajeski will HW at ATWT.

• Members

This is exactly why I said:

These are gossip and rumors though which is why I have not posted any of this crap. A lot of it seems very unlikely to me.

A "consultant" however is not the same job description as a "writer". Those are two different jobs and it is possible to be doing both.

It would be easy to write a nighttime show and do "consulting" on a daytime soap.

Consultants just make suggestions and sell plot ideas to producers on a weekly basis. They consult more than they actually write anything.

What I don't see is Pratt leaving "Vanished" to HW a soap. Not unless that show is cancelled or something.

• Members

I don't care who is coming or not coming to AMC, fact of that matter is, we have a HW who gets all orgasmic over the idea that she had NO idea who killed Greg when she started this, pulling Tad out of her ass at the last minute. AMC is doomed. Doesn't matter who's right in all of this, doesn't matter who's wrong, only matters that AMC is being brutally slaughtered at MMT hands. The longer she's the HW the less chance there is to save AMC. If she is staying, AMC is as good as dead.

Burton, [!@#$%^&*], Donlad Duck, I really don't give a f*ck anymore...just someone for the love of God, save AMC.

• Members

Wow. Yeah. They said it.

And quite frankly, I agree. That has been one of the two big issues with me regarding recasting this role with Khalil.

Now, with that said, I believe Khalil COULD play a black character...just not Y&R's Lily.

Amen, sister. A-MEN!

• Members

Sorry, I got it wrong.

My friend said that Donna Swajeski is going to HW GL, Mulcahey is going to co-HW with Bell at BB, Kay Alden will HW at ATWT.

A "consultant" is different from a writer. A consultant doesn't have to be on contract but a script writer does and a consultant can do lots of tinkering about that a writer cannot. A person can have both jobs as consultant and writer, but they are separate job descriptions.

Josh Griffith is now a Producer and also consults the writing supposedly.

• Members

Concerning Mr. Pratt's involvement with "Vanished"...

The series returns to the air on Friday, Nov. 3 and will air at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Fox has reportedly told producers to wrap up the storylines in the 13 episodes originally ordered. The network will reportedly keep it under consideration for next season, but has no plans to order any additional episodes this season (despite an earlier request for four additional scripts).

• Members

It's great that CBS is using all these consultants but I would really love to know who AMC is considering or trying to get to replace McT. It sounds like Alden may be out of the running if the rumors are true about her taking a co-HW position on ATWT. I am still hoping that it is Burton. But I will take Donald Duck at this point too!!!

• Members

Davetta was fantastic. I'd love her at DAYS but wow ... the whole "fake daughter thing" is wild ... lol. Should be interesting if it happens.

I love the HW changes for the CBS soaps ... well, that's if they happen.

And I love [s.W.S.N.B.N.] and Victoria Rowell pitching a fit that Davetta was fired. Good for them. Y&R was stupid to do this.

Thanks for all the scoop, Gabe! Let's hope it all works out in the end and CBS gets some new HWs.

• Members

This is so frustrating.

CBS, which is doing fine has ghostwriters in place, backing up already decent headwriters and meanwhile Frons sits around and twiddles his thumbs with absoultely no plan to save AMC and OLTL!?

Why doesn't HE go after Kay Alden or Donna Swajeski or Jack Smith or anybody for that matter?

Archived