NBC: Return to the 2 Hour Comedy Block on Thursday

R!ck

• Members

Effective Thursday Nov. 30, 2006

My Name is Earl 8:00-8:30

The Office 8:30-9:00

Scrubs 9:00-9:30

30 Rock 9:30-10:00

Deal or No Deal, currently airing at 9 p.m., will be pared down to two times per week (Monday and Friday at 8 p.m.) 20 Good Years is on a indefinite hiatus.

I am very excited about this news! My only worry is Scrubs and 30 Rock going up against GA and CSI :unsure:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i had posted about this in the other NBC thread, about losing the 8 to 9pm timeslot..I think this is a great plan and a step in the right direction..a 2 hour block is NBC's best hope for their 4 best comedies...Scrubs and 30 Rock won't be able to stand alone on another night..

They can really just cancel 20 Good Years for all i care..the reviews and ratings are horrible...And having Deal or No Deal just didn't work on thursday nights...

• Administrator

Like I said in the other thread, I love the idea of having four non laugh track, single camera comedies all together.

NBC knows it's going to get trampled by CBS and ABC, but it wants to build for the future. Must See Thursdays was the staple of NBC primetime for so many years and I'm glad NBC is going back to that.

This 2 hour comedy block is great start. :)

Kevin Reilly has been doing a really job for NBC. He's been picking great new shows this season.

• Members

I don't watch GA, and I'm off and on with CSI... so I definitely love this new line up. I just hope it doesn't backfire for "Scrubs" and "30 Rock" being up against them. "Scrubs" has been awesome these last seasons and "30 Rock" can really take advantage of these three great lead in comedies to find it's audience.

• Members

Wow, this will be tough. But it is a good idea. I love The Office (my fave comedy), 30 Rock and Scrubs. I haven't followed My Name Is Earl a lot but from the few episodes I've seen, it is hilarious. These are four of the best comedies out. Great idea to pair them all up like that. It probably would've been a cooler idea to put Scrubs as a lead-in to ER. Therefore there would've been a hospital comedy leading into a hospital drama.

Archived