Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyle Brandt message

Featured Replies

  • Replies 20
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

I don't feel he was ever cut out for daytime anyway.

Good luck in all he does. Hope they recast.

  • Author
  • Member
I don't feel he was ever cut out for daytime anyway.

Good luck in all he does. Hope they recast.

Obviously they will since Hogan wants Philip to pick up the Kiriakis reins, and there is an unborn child still around somewhere.

  • Member

It sucks he improved so much in his last few months and now he is gone. I was never a fan of his attitude though-he never seemed happy to be on a soap. I know no one liked the writing so that probably attributed but in interviews he always came off as sarcastic and a little egotistical. He was also fun too. A year ago, I would never say I would miss him but I will. It is clear they will recast because Hogan wants him to be like his father but I think they may wait a bit first.

  • Member

I didn't think that Mimi's and Phillip's eggs/sperm took :huh:

  • Member

:( I will definitely miss Kyle. I thought seeing Hogan's stuff would persuade him to stay.

Well, hopefully he'll find some work. He's come a long way from when he first started, and at least he isn't doing endless seasons of RW/RR Challenges :lol:

  • Member

Excited about his Brandon Beemer love! :lol: He will be missed, and I never thought I'd say that.

  • Member
By the way- Brandon Beemer is an old friend of mine. And after working with him over the last few days, I'll tell you he is WAY ahead of the curve, neck-in-neck with Martha as the strongest newcomer I've seen.

YAY!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. He was a good Phillip. He was very DAYS-y. I never thought I'd say this, but he really was kind of wasted. I just never knew that until recently.

  • Member

ITA Mike. I was never a big fan of his on the show; or on 'The Real World' but he struck me as a nice guy anyway thanks to his posts on his website and probably someone I'd hang out with in RL.

He was wasted on DAYS, hands down. I'll actually miss him!

  • Member

Eh, wasted schmasted. Even at his best, he made the inanimate objects in his scenes seem interesting. He came in a dud & is leaving as one. Good riddance & bring on a real Philip.

  • Member

He did come alive these last couple of months, and I can't wait to his scenes this week. His Myspace page is hilarious too. I don't blame him for leaving, he was wasted and Philip is an important character for the show. I wish him all the best.

  • Member

Such a shame, I wish Kyle Brandt would've stayed. I think Phillip would be a lot better under Hogan Shaffer. IMHO, Kyle is the best Phillip. I wish Kyle a lot of luck.

  • Member
It sucks he improved so much in his last few months and now he is gone. I was never a fan of his attitude though-he never seemed happy to be on a soap. I know no one liked the writing so that probably attributed but in interviews he always came off as sarcastic and a little egotistical. He was also fun too. A year ago, I would never say I would miss him but I will. It is clear they will recast because Hogan wants him to be like his father but I think they may wait a bit first.
The thing about Kyle is that sarcasm is his middle name. He's not doing it to make a point or because he's a jerk, it's just a part of who he is. I've been a member at his board almost since it started and you really get his personality when you read his journals and his messages to the members. Can't tell you how many times I've laughed at some of his comments over the years. His "Hate list" and Austin's blog have been the greatest.

I was never a fan of Philip, I was a fan of Kyle the person. I'll miss the board and him alot, made some really great friends there. Goodbye Droogie Nation! :(

PS. And belive me, there was a time when he was happy being a part of the DAYS cast.

  • Member

Good luck to him... His first few years on the show were well... tough...

If the show is keeping Phillip then he and Mimi's child has to resurface and IMO the mother should too. We haven't even seen her. That would make for some good story, however typical soap it may be, if the surrogate didn't want to give it up etc.

  • Member

I dont think Kyle was ever cut out for soaps, wasn't he cast at the Ethan recast a few years ago?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.