Roman

Singer George Michael Dead At 53

49 posts in this topic

This year has been downright awful. For the man who brought us Choose Life and all those shirts worn by girls and guys.....I grew up with George Michael music...he will sorely be missed.

This was his final US top ten hit (peaked at #8 in 1996, but hit #1 in the UK for three weeks) as well as his final charing single in the US.

Edited by BetterForgotten

He had a lot of good songs.  Faith, Father Figure, Wake Me Up,  Careless Whisper...what a shame.   This has been a tough year for celebrities and music in particular.   In one year Bowie, Prince and now George Michael all checked out.  I thought Carrie Fisher was going to be 2016's last salvo, but the hits just keep on coming.  

I imagine most of the media focus will be on his coming out and personal struggles, but he was a very unique, charismatic singer and performer, and one hell of a songwriter. I'd say his strongest pop material was the first few years of his solo career, but I absolutely adore so much of the WHAM era, the pure bliss of that pop synth.

2016 couldn't take Carrie Fisher so it takes George Michael.

Damn it.

Such an amazing talent. So many songs. Loved him. 53 is so young. RIP :(

So sad

I admit I had a crush on him when Wham came out. Careless Whisper was a favorite of mine.

I thought he was cute with the blond hair.:(

He had such a good voice. Sang with everybody, the big muscical events like Live Aid, Freddie Mercury Tribute.

2016 can end now.

Edited by reallyhateskateonlost