GH: AMC actress joining show

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm...I generally didn't like Greenlee - she had all of Erica's harsh characteristics and none of the softness and vulnerability that made Erica ultimately at least somewhat likeable. Greenlee to me was just a spoiled brat. RB herself seems likeable, but she's not a compelling enough reason for me to watch GH. I do think she looks fabulous with darker hair, and I hope GH keeps it that way.

• Members

Right. It also helped a lot I thought when she had her parents (pre Jack reveal,) and especially her mother on the show. That gave her a natural sympathy but still didn't soften the character. Why they never properly used her mom is one of those really furstrating things.

Marcline--how was her last return tied into Jesse and Angie? I'm blanking...

• Members

The sad thing is, as I said, I think Budig would make a perfect Dr. Sarah Webber, and break the long-standing curse of that character. I can think of a great story that could use Liz and that whole family and finally introduce the parents, etc. But Ron and Frank don't think of an organic way to add a soap star anymore to the existing canvas - they just think about the spectacle, about pandering to the blogosphere by snapping up big stars and then inventing roles for them. "We got Donna Mills, so she has to be on doing some irrelevant [!@#$%^&*] that isn't connected to anyone the audience cares about! Michelle Stafford - it has to be an all-new role for an actress of her caliber! Rebecca Budig, new role!" It's become this cavalcade of stunts. The only one who doesn't fit into that schematic is Billy Miller, and his Jason is still very different.

They did this with Roger Howarth, too, supposedly - he could have been Stephen Lars or Tom Hardy, but those roles weren't "big enough" or edgy enough for Howarth. He might have actually been able to do alright as those characters, IMO, he'd never be Todd again but he'd be okay. But instead they went for spectacle.

Archived