DAYS: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thoughts for the week

1) We have NO story on this show. Please - They are WASTING Casey Moss!! They only have four years because you know he is gonna BOLT once he is able to (and who can blame him!) but they should at least use him to his full potential while they have him. Daniel/Nicole, Eric/Serena, Will/Sonny's "arguments", Meddlesome Maggie - I just don't care about any of it! It's so boring!

2) One highlight of the week was seeing Hope/John interact at the Brady Pub - it was refreshing and reminded me of a Days of old by seeing such iconic vets interact!

It's also been good IMO to see John and Marlena interact, however the NEED more story than just "we're back together/no we're not"

3) I always enjoy the Will/Marlena scenes.

4) I chucked at Paul's interaction with John when Marlena said that John is a "huge baseball fan." I like the inside jokes.

Let's please hope 2015 gets more intriguing before we get to the 50th!

• Members

Happy 2015 y'all. I tried watching this week to see if the show had improved since October and nope, it seems worse. I can't with this actress playing Beige - it is really bad when you consider a Daniel/Melanie scene as a respite from Beige.

Speaking of which, MB is still a bad actress. Serena is dull, bland and slightly odd looking. The Paul character seems like a good addition though. Boring Tammy Sue seems a bit better now that she is with Chad and not Rafe. Blockofwood Ben is still awful.

Perhaps because I haven't watched in 2 months, I find the background music really annoying and stops me getting into a scene. The show also still relies too heavily on dumb soap tropes like secrets coming out because someone unexpectedly walks into a room - the sure sign of an uncreative writing team. It pains to criticise this writing team because 2013 was one of the best years of soap I have seen, but it is quite clear that either this writing team have run out of good stories to tell or they are being focused-grouped to death (which wouldn't surprise me as everything on NBC primetime has the same antiseptic bland boring feel to it that this show has).

• Members

I was just thinking about how to revitalize these families, such as he Hortons, Dimeras, Bradys, and Kiriakises! There needs to be a Kiriakis female who is into the business of re-establishing Titan. She can be a niece of Victor's. I would also bring Philip back and one of Sonny's brothers. For the Dimeras, I think there is a need for a Dimera female. I would bring back Cassie Dimera, who would be a schemer and very close to Kristen. However, I would change that whole thing of Cassie being Kate's daughter. That was a complete mess and ridiculous storyline, Nicholas Alamain should be brought back to mix it up with Cassie too and reconnect with John who will always be an Alamain. It was stupid to kill of Benjy Dimera when they did. But since he has a son, Steven, bring him on. And I need more Stefano in Salem now. For the Hortons, it's time to bring back Mike Horton (Michael Weiss, please) and Robin. Jeremy needs to make his way back and at the hospital. Nathan Horton needs to come back now too for Melanie. I do not want her with Brady. For the Bradys, Andrew Donovan needs to come on, Shawn needs to join the police force and Stephanie working at the clinic. Now that's alot of characters, but with the right integration into the show and true development, which these writers are not capable of, great things, romances, and families could help restore this soap.

• Members

Cassie is not a Dimera. Her last set of parents before she left town were Roman and Kate so she's a Brady and Id keep that as is. I want her back so Kate can have a daughter to interact with in town.

It just hit me today, that Kim, Kayla, Bo and Roman all have daughters that are around the same age. I would love to see all 4 Brady cousins on at the same time at least once (Teresa, Stephanie, Chelsea and Cassie). Although I can see how that would be highly redundant since all of them were trouble makers.

Archived