Y&R: New Head Writer

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll never understand this myth that people like Jamey Giddens and Nelson Branco spew about Sally Sussman Morina and her alleged "talent." Based on what exactly?

The woman is a D list soap writer with bad to nonexistent track record of success. I can never say she would be better or worse than Pratt. The fact that both her and Pratt were in contention for this HW role just tells me they were looking for people at the bottom of the barrel to fulfill this position.

• Members

Not sure why anyone believes TIIC are trying to save these shows. The EP/HWs and FrankenRon are being charged with keeping these shows' heads above water until they can be sold and/or replaced. If I were trying to save something, one hack after the next would not be at the helm of my product. YR knew that PissAltman and those dreadful ratings a few weeks back were not acceptable.

• Members

They do that because JFP gave them the finger long ago. They are in bed with FrankenRon, which is why they praise everything this foul duo does. You will never hear a decent word about YR from either of the two. In fact, both were on Twitter just riling folks up about how bad Pratt was and how he destroys soaps. They are supposedly the Soap Press, but their behavior screams spiteful blogger kunts!

• Members

I never was really impressed with Sally Sussman at DAYS best thing she did there were Sami execution episodes. The show tumbled in ratings when she took over for Reilly. It felt very different and the Gina story sucked. People praising her like she was the best of the best is stretching it.

• Members

I wish you people would get your facts straight before shooting off at the mouth like you actually know somethin. Reilly was still writing in october and november of 97 when the ratings actually did "tumble" a whole 1.0 less from the year before.

• Members

It's what he does. He's completely inconsistent and just wants to get a rise out of people.

I'm so so so sorry Y&R fans. This is just terrible news on every level. I can see CBS wanting B&B around over Y&R, which is strange to say. B&B is very solid in the ratings and Brad Bell has a death grip on that show. It won't happen anytime soon but the potential has been set for the show to be ripped apart and sent off into the sunset.

Archived