• Members

I laughed at Yuri saying that Randi and Natalia would make him a lot of money. Randi sure, but Natalia would kill his ass with her bare hands.

Dr. Anders gives me the creeps. Dude has no bedside manner. I can't really fault him for his attitude toward Dixie though, because she truly is nerve racking.

Did I detect a whiff of a Brooke/Dimitri/Opal triangle?

I love seeing all these characters at work. Yes, even Dixie as therapist. One character who I would like to see is Jane. Where the hell has she been?

For all those who claim that the younger set dominate the show, please note that we saw nothing of AJ, Miranda or Heather. The only people we saw today under the age of 40 were JR, Cara, Celia and Cass.

This is one of those episodes where I just kept thinking "We NEVER would've gotten this on ABC." Most of what we saw today would've been impossible under the Frons regime.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
really? Because AMC was not really a youth centered soap under most of Frons reign. Most of the episodes in latter years didnt feature teens. Today's collection of characters seemed like something we'd typically see on ABC. Oh and you forgot Petey

• Members

AMC began as a soap with a unique focus on its teen/youth stories amidst the generational storytelling, which I believe was somewhat unusual at the time. That was a big part of how it became a phenomenon - focusing on Erica, Phil, Tara and Chuck, and in later years reinventing the same formula with Greg, Jenny, Angie, Jesse, etc.

• Members

Sorry those were two separate thoughts. I need to break them up. What I mean when I say we wouldn't have gotten this is I mean we wouldn't have gotten a glimpse into Opal's inner life or extended scenes between Brooke, Dimitri, Opal. We also wouldn't have had Cass out Jesse so quickly.

• Members

"You filthy son of a flea ridden whore", now that was a good line.

When Cassandra said she heard Jesse's voice and Angie looked at him, I wasn't expecting that. What a cliffhanger.

At least Dixie is showing the Hubbards some concern and not only coming to Jesse to ask him to arrest someone.

• Members

If this were ABC everything we saw today with Brooke, Dimitri and Opal would've been Greenlee, Ryan and Kendall while Zach would've been at the hospital getting the wounds he sustained from his dramatic one man rescue of Cassandra bandaged by Frankie (making the first of his twice monthly appearances) who would've spent the whole time telling Zach how much the Hubbard family owes him.

• Members

There's definitely a connection between Celia and Dimitri. He looked at her as if he knew her from somewhere.

Opal's scenes with Dimi were hilarious. Still can't believe she would sell Cortlandt Manor. Where is she going to live? At Tad's again?

Dixie as a therapist is not convincing and Dr. Anders is a weirdo.

• Members

Even though I've missed late May - mid June (due to a hectic schedule & illness) I really wanted to skip to this episode for Dimitri. It was nice seeing him and quite surreal (as I never thought in a million years Michael Nader would be on All My Children again EVER).

I'm happy Cassandra has been saved. I have a question, though - is Dixie some sort of therapist now? I was confused.

So, Pete and Celia broke up, huh? I don't really care much.

I liked that they mention Erica; I figured she was traveling and such.

Billy Clyde now owns Cortlandt Manor?! ohmy.png

• Members

I basically agree with everything Vee, Steve and Marceline said, so will try not to reiterate much.

I am pretty certain Opal does plan to move in right beside Petey... Which I love--as well as BC buying the house (how horrified will she be by that?) But I do want her eventually back in Cortland Manor.

There definitely is a Celia/Dmitri connection. I almost wondered if Evelyn had heard rom him when he came back and that's how she knew Celia's guardian would approve? Still doubt he's the guardian, though he could be--but he prob has ties to him. Or maybe he is the guardian and the reason he is so over protective is they're trying to keep Celia hidden from her past and Mirror Man? I don't think Opal is oblivious to Celia though, as Vee said--to me that came across as now that Opal's gotten that bad premonition from Celia, while she still kinda likes the girl, she wants to make sure they break up.

OK Dixie as a therapist is kinda ridiculous, but I'll go along with it. The new doctor is a bit wooden but not bad (he looked nice in the 3 second clip talking about yoga without his glasses on MORE last week--at least I think it was him.) Yeah this is pretty cliché--the cold unemotional doctor intrigued by the emotional woman, etc, but at least I buyed him having no bedside manner and genuinely not realizing how cold he sounded listing off all the things Celia could have had--unlike a certain pouty, pony-tailed doctor in Port Charles who is stalking a woman and her baby around town, without examining them shouting out that her child is dying of cancer... :P Maybe not fair to bring that up--but it is a divide between something I could see actually sorta happening in real life next to an utter WTF situation.

Loved the glimpses of an Opal/Dimitri/Brooke affair.

I was just thrilled watching the entire episode, from the mix of scenes to most of the dialogue and interactions. I guess this would have been a "end of week/Thursday" episode? Anyway--argh can't wait for Monday's.

Oh and since I have faith Erica *will* come back, I hope they come up with some killer secret or reason for why she's been avoiding town for so long--I could buy into Opal's reasoning for now.

• Members

I think if my counting isn't all the way off- this would have been a midweek episode so that makes me extremely excited for next week (Weeks 1-3 were 4 eps, then 4 & 5 together were a set, 6 & 7, now 8- although with the editing last week, I'm not really sure).

Really like the Talk Tempo set- looked good & it sort of reminded me of the old WRCW. I wonder if we'll see it pop up on OLTL. The Dimitri stuff was really good- I am so happy to have him back & to have him fitting in so seamlessly.

In spite of myself, I want more of the Celia story- I just can't put my finger on where they're going and its making me interested even though I don't love the character. Evelyn made this ominous face today & I just want to know what she knows.

Love the chemistry between Pete and mama Opal.

I was laughing during the Dixie as a therapist scenes. I just can't with that yet. Unless Billy Clyde makes an appointment with her under another name or something like that. Also Dixie saying she was engaged just felt silly- accurate I know but they've been married 14 times, I wouldn't feel the need to correct

Really like JR/Cara. I want to see Oliver though!

I think the show has really found its balance- I no longer feel like its the Celia/MirAJ/Jesse world that everyone else just lives in.

Randi still exisits?!?! Oy vey. I was hoping we could just divorce them while they were offscreen

Archived