Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Characters That Were Re/Cast with Perfect Actor, But Fizzled or Flopped

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Recurring

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

TB was never fit for the role of Taylor she was too damn old/old looking to be portraying Nicole's younger sister. I actually thought Natalia would've been good if they would've actually developed the character beyond just being nice and sweet and whatever the 3rd bs word was that NL said they told her to play. They could've taken the opportunity to explore Nicole's family more and bring back up the story of Paul Mendez.

Now you know you wrong. Eddie Winslow should have NEVER been hired as Malcolm. ALOT of MAB's casting choices were WTF even on paper...lol

Who thought Supahead's hubby was perfect for the role of Malcolm?

Edited by QueenOfHearts, 12 February 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#22 BingCherry

BingCherry

Popped for Your Pleasure

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Without a doubt, Jennifer Bransford as Carly on GH.  She brought back the edge Sarah Brown had in the beginning and brought it together with Tamara Braun's vulnerability yet made it her own.  Just as she was starting to light up the screen, she was fired and replaced with Laura Wright who was, is and will always be wrong for the role.

#23 Jennerz

Jennerz

Recurring

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I think Greg Vaugh is the perfect choice for Eric Brady, but this priest angle will drag too many characters down to make it work.  Don't want to speak to soon, but Eric is fizzling pretty quickly to me.

I agree.  I think Greg Vaughn is a great choice for Brady, but this priest angle is killing me.  I was glad to finally see some good scenes between him and Nicole this week.  But I wish they would have thought of something besides being a priest.  I'm hoping that they will finally start to move this story forward.  The scenes this week made me cautiously optimistic.  Very cautiously.  But I agree the GV was a good choice for Eric if the writing were there.

Edited by Jennerz, 12 February 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#24 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

The Truth Cannon

• Members
  • 12,389 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Without a doubt, Jennifer Bransford as Carly on GH.  She brought back the edge Sarah Brown had in the beginning and brought it together with Tamara Braun's vulnerability yet made it her own.  Just as she was starting to light up the screen, she was fired and replaced with Laura Wright who was, is and will always be wrong for the role.

Totally agree. Except I do really like LW now for the first time in 8 years. But I still love JBCarly.

#25 carolineg

carolineg

Recurring

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

I am going to say Jennifer Bransford, as well.  She gets a bum wrap when she wasn't bad.

Carrie Genzel as Skye.  She was great in the role.  Much more likable than Robin Christopher, IMO.

#26 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

The Truth Cannon

• Members
  • 12,389 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

You lost me at the Robin hate. RC is a very warm actress. An an outstanding one.

#27 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,487 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

You lost me at the Robin hate. RC is a very warm actress. An an outstanding one.

She never said she hated RC, just that CG's Skye was more likeable and Id agree.  RC's was more icy cold and CG's Skye was a bit less bitch. I loved both actresses in the role, but CG is the one that made me a fan. I wouldn't say she flopped as she was popular and lasted a good year and half, with a bit of story during that time but I would agree that I wish she had lasted longer.

Edited by Cheap21, 12 February 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#28 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

The Truth Cannon

• Members
  • 12,389 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

I never saw RC as icy cold. I thought Skye was at times icy but to me RC always played the role with a layer of warmth and vulnerability which is really what drew me to her back in the day.

#29 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,487 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

I never saw RC as icy cold. I thought Skye was at times icy but to me RC always played the role with a layer of warmth and vulnerability which is really what drew me to her back in the day.

Not RC, but her Skye. Compared to CG, I can see why the character was more likeable during CG stint. Her introduction story lended itself to having her be a rootable heroine. Even when she reclaimed her life and her flaws started to become apparent, she did a good job of keeping Skye grounded and likeable, especially when it came to her relationship with Stuart. Anyways, both were great. A compliment for one, doesn't mean a diss for the other

Edited by Cheap21, 13 February 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#30 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

The Truth Cannon

• Members
  • 12,389 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Yeah I see where you're coming from. I didn't dislike CG in the role but for me Skye will always be RC.

#31 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,544 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Daphnee Duplaix as Rachel on OLTL. That still makes me angry.

Joan Collins as Alex on GL. It was such a blast to have an Alex I recognized again (nothing against Marj Dusay, who had bad writing for about 98% of her tenure at GL). I wish that had worked out.

Edited by CarlD2, 13 February 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#32 SoapDope

SoapDope

Recurring

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

I thought Andrea Evans and Stacy Haiduk were horrible as Patty Williams. Lillibet Stern will always be Patty to me. Someone like Krista Teserau might had been an option if they insisted on bringing that character back.

Victoria Mallory was a jarring casting choice after Janice Lynde as Leslie Brooks on Y&R.

Shari Shattuck as Ashley on Y&R was beyond bizarre.

#33 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Jed Allan as Edward on GH. A lovely actor who is a legend in Daytime, but he just wasn't Edward Quartermaine, and throwing him into a ridiculous marriage with Heather didn't help. If Allan had been cast in a similar GH role, even a brother of Edward, it would have worked.

#34 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,544 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

I thought the thread was about the right actor in the right role, but it failed for other reasons.

#35 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,575 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

Daphnee Duplaix as Rachel on OLTL.

Good call!

#36 SoapSurvivor

SoapSurvivor

Recurring

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Krista Teserau as Tina, her character on GL was a basically a Tina rip off.  I believe she actually could worked in the role if they had written a little more EDGE to go with her ditziness we would have HAD Tina.  But she was just dumb, she wasn't written as a lead, she was more of a forgettable "B" character named Tina.

#37 Chris B

Chris B

Kylie!!

• Members
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Daphnee Duplaix as Rachel on OLTL. That still makes me angry.

Joan Collins as Alex on GL. It was such a blast to have an Alex I recognized again (nothing against Marj Dusay, who had bad writing for about 98% of her tenure at GL). I wish that had worked out.

I agree with both of those choices. I'd like to add Jennifer Landon as Heather on Y&R and Lesli Kay as Lois on GH. I think Lesli Kay is an even better actress than Rena Sofer and she was ready to WORK, but they gave her nothing to do. With Jennifer Landon, she is just a really strong younger actress and seemed to have chemistry with most of the cast.

I also agree that Krista Teserau was a good Tina. I found her better than Karen Witter.

#38 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,544 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

I cringed at all of Krista's scenes. They just seemed way off, and most of her co-stars blew her out of the water. I'm not sure what happened. I think she was hired without an audition, which was, IMO, a mistake.

#39 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 10,308 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

I couldn't stand Krista Tesreau as Tina. I'd seen Karen Witter's when I started watching, her Tina I'd liked, but Krista made me write off the character for years, and she was a faint echo of the monolithic character that was once was in the '80s. Malone clearly had no idea what to do with her.

Jennifer Landon seemed quite good on Y&R but the character had no purpose. Looking at her there I thought she'd make an ideal Sarah Webber on GH.

Edited by Vee, 13 February 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#40 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,575 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

My issue with Joan Collins, who I love on gp, is that I don't agree that she was a perfect Alex recast.  (That's like saying Carmen Duncan was a "perfect" Iris recast, and YouTube videos to come, btw.)  If they were going for a "name", I think a Faye Dunaway would have been more on point.

Andrea Evans was the Tina of my hazy childhood, and I recall bits and pieces of Karen Witter, but it was Krista Tesreau who played Tina when I was a full-fledged fan so I don't really have the "hate" that others do.  Krista has a rougher edge though, she couldn't pull off the ditziness of Andrea or Karen quite as endearingly.  When I think of Krista, I think of a woman sitting at the bar wearing an early '90s tight pastel leather skirt and jacket, smoking a Capri and sipping a 7&7.

Edited by SFK, 13 February 2013 - 03:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users