DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like I have turned the clock back a year on Days.

Melanie, Maxine at the hospital

Caroline and Sami

Will and Gabi

Rafe and Gabi

Rafe and Sami

Victor, Maggie, and Brady

Brady and Melanie

Kate and Chad

Victor and Brady

with Lucas and Billie scattered into a few scenes

• Members

I'd hope Will's reaffirmation of being gay and it being a mistake to sleep with Gabi (as it was actually portrayed during the sex scene, despite people's claims that it was "passionate" that's not how Chandler played it at all) is enough to shut down the outcry that Will is being made straight, but I'm sensible enough to know that today's episode probably did nothing to assuage anyone's fears. It did mine, but then again I've never really actually feared the show was turning Will straight again.

• Members

If they actually had him say he's bi then I would praise the story. He should have been bi all along. No soap will ever do it but it would be nice for any show to have a bisexual guy as a leading character, as many people still think bi means you're a whore or you just can't say you're gay. The only one I can think of is Nolan on Revenge and every time I saw him I thought he was whiny and annoying...

• Members

I thought the writing for Julie on Friday was terrific. She was totally scheming and manipulating, but in a way that she totally justifies because it's for the good of her family. It's been a long time since she's had material with real character to it like that.

Archived