Your story ideas for GH

• Members

I don't know if GH will be on another year, or another six months, but since the show will be on for now, I thought we might as well come up with some story ideas.

I would love to say, "Write out Sonny, Jason, Carly, etc." but they don't seem likely to go anywhere.

Anyway, here we go...

Monica goes on a cruise for a few weeks. She meets an uncouth, blue-collar man, Tony, who looks just like Alan. At first this appalls her, but as the few weeks go by, she realizes how much she has missed the spark she and Alan once had. She begins a romance with Tony, and when he asks her to move back with him to his home (not in Port Charles), she realizes just how little reason she has to stay in Port Charles.

She stays on long enough for a small anniversary party at GH, which also includes returns of Gail, Bobbie, Audrey, and Lesley. A new nurse on staff is Jessie Brewer's great niece, who seems more like Amy Vining, and who has some conflict with Epiphany and Liz. In spite of this, she quickly learns on the job, and begins dating a recently returned Dillon Quartermaine, who is making a documentary on hospitals over the last 50 years.

As Monica is about to go, Jason surprises her by asking her to stay. A part of Monica wants to stay, but she tells Jason that he's been her life for so long, and it's hurt them both.

Tracy is not sorry to see Monica go, but is less than thrilled when Monica reveals that she sold the mansion to Jimmy Lee Holt and Jimmy Lee's wife, Monique. Monique sees herself as HBIC and she and Tracy clash immediately. Jimmy Lee and his father Edward have been estranged for years, and Jimmy, taking some small money left over by his wife Charity's death, became a self-made multi-millionaire. Monique, whom he met when she was waiting tables, made him even richer, with a keen instinct for business. When Tracy sees that Edward and Jimmy Lee are softening towards each other, she does some digging and learns that Edward, without Jimmy Lee's knowledge, gave startup money to Jimmy Lee's early business ventures. She assumes that proud Jimmy Lee will resent Edward for this. At first, he does, but soon this bonds this even further, and when they learn of Tracy's scheming, they ask her to leave the mansion.

Carly runs into Monique, who doesn't seem to want to talk. Carly is sure she knows her.

At the anniversary party, Bobbie reconnects with ex-husband and great love, Jake (Sam Behrens). They begin talking, and he tells her he is working as legal representative for a clinic in California which keeps facing cuts. Bobbie thinks back to her poor upbringing and at how unsatisfied she has been in Port Charles. He asks if she'll go help him, and after some thought, she agrees. Carly is furious, saying her mother has "abandoned" her one more time, but they make up as Bobbie leaves. Lucas also returns around this time. Bobbie considers staying, but to her surprise, he encourages her to leave.

Carly begins to lose most of her money, and has to sell the hotel. She isn't sure what's happened. She's even more surprised when Jax returns, cleared of all charges, and sues for sole custody of Joss. With Alexis as his attorney, and Carly berating the judge over and over, Jax wins. He and Alexis begin to fall in love and plan to marry.

Michael learns that Hope is still alive. He makes plans to return her to Starr, but then learns that Cole is still alive, and in a coma. Seeing a chance to have a stable family and growing to love both Starr and Hope, Michael keeps quiet about Cole. Carly learns about Cole, and, not approving of Michael moving on to a new life of his own, tells Starr. An angry Starr takes Cole to a clinic, never planning to return to Port Charles. Michael cuts Carly out of his life.

Carly and Todd, who has no money thanks to not being the true Lord heir, both stay in a fleabag motel, and become friends, but Todd won't consider a relationship beyond that. Carly, feeling worthless, is then evicted from her motel room. Suddenly she remembers where she has seen Monique - from the trailer parks in Florida.

Having nowhere else to turn, Carly approaches Tracy with this. Tracy learns that Monique's mother was committed, following a suicide attempt, due to her husband having an affair with a teenage Carly. Carly realizes Monique has been quietly plotting revenge against her. She suggests a plan to Tracy to get Jimmy Lee and Monique out of their lives and out of the mansion. Tracy agrees, but warns, "I own you."

Natalie and Roxy arrive in Port Charles. Natalie only stays long ago to agree with John that they should be nothing but co-parents to Liam. Roxy, flush with some money due to selling her beauty salon to a developer, buys Kelly's, and decides to stay in town, acting as confidante and comic relief.

Viki buys the paper and TV station for Todd. He begins setting up his own media empire.

Heather, sick of Olivia, treats Connie like a human bomb and gets her to open fire at a Corinthos family gathering. Olivia, Spinelli, Milo, and Max are killed, Lulu and Sonny are shot. Lulu is disullisioned of crime and the mob, quits her job, and asks Dante for a divorce. Dante leaves town. Sonny is paralyzed and becomes a recluse, his fortune and health slowly sapped by a seemingly devoted servant who has an axe to grind.

Lucas is forced on the safety of his family to join Johnny's mob - the Jerome crime family wants him to kill Johnny. Lucas goes along with the plan, but slowly begins to fall in love with Johnny...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You probably won't like this comparison, but aspects of it remind me of what I liked about DAYS under the departing writing regime, at least early on - various simple, well-crafted character ideas, either as professionals or in dealing with family, or roots in the community (the new nurse).

I like the stuff for Bobbie and Monica but keep them around. I do love the idea of Roxy at Kelly's, but I also don't think she'd ever truly leave her Llanview and her friends and family - where she'd also remain relatively close to Sky,who the OLTL finale told us she visits constantly - unless Natalie was there (and I don't want Natalie hanging around in Port Charles).

And for all his faults, RC apparently plans to use Heather Webber very heavily. I think there is a lot of mileage to be had out of Robin Mattson on the show for a reasonable length, scheming and making trouble, particularly with enough Webber kin around. Guza/Pratt came close to this when they last brought her back, by making her take over the Q household, which could've had longevity, but they went about that concept totally wrong.

I would keep Dante - I think he and Lucky could've be the Luke and Robert for a new generation. Still do. I think Dominic Zamprogna's excellent.

• Members

I don't mind the comparison.

I feel like this is the best chance to give Monica and Bobbie graceful exits - while I enjoy seeing Leslie Charleson play raging bitch, that seems the be the only role GH now has for her (besides hand-holding with Jason).

I'm not sure if they are going to keep Heather around for long if she's already back to obsessing over Luke so soon. I'd love to see her stay, albeit with a much less awful actor in the role of Steve, but if that can't happen I'd rather see her go with a bang.

I'd just say Roxy goes on visits. We probably wouldn't see her that much anyway.

i would also give Jimmy Lee and Monique some kids.

• Members

I haven't seen much of Starr and Michael, but I would probably keep trying them myself. I'm not convinced that can't work. But again, I haven't been watching enough since Todd and Blair cleared out. Kristen can get pretty shrill.

• Members

For me he's just miscast and surrounded by dud characters - they will never have him go against Sonny, and I don't get anything out of his relationships with Lulu or Olivia. Since GH is not likely to write Sonny out, I would write Dante out instead. I would have John (again since they aren't likely to write John out) overhaul the PCPD and this would lead to some exits.

I think KA and CD work OK, better than I thought they would, but the setup of the story bothers me, a love story built on a dead child. There's also little conflict, as he doesn't doubt Sonny's innocence, and Starr is still living with him in spite of this.

• Members

I'll have to think about what I'd do with the show. Honestly not sure at the moment. I would probably meld the show into a blended soap under the GH umbrella, focusing in on its community and history - I have no remorse about what the OLTL influx has done for GH, as it's gotten it a renewal. AFAIC an ABC soap needs as many hands on deck as it can get. I'm well-acquainted with GH from my years of viewing, though, and I'd try to keep it as GH. Gloria Monty was fond of OLTL crossover characters in her day, too.

• Members

I think the OLTL crossover has worked out in some ways (people seem to like Todd and John), but the whole story with Starr and dead baby was the mistake. I think what works against it most is that it sends up a big flag that nothing will change in regards to the way Sonny/Carly/Jason dominate GH. Yes, John gets to badmouth Sonny, but many characters do that. Doesn't change anything.

• Members

I'd also bring back Matt Ashford as Tom Hardy, and bring in an adult Tommy, a doctor, and perhaps a love interest for Liz.

If the show stayed on long enough I'd have Lucy come back, either at the TV station, or something random like her buying the hospital.

• Members

The current (and stupid) Who's The Daddy storyline of Sam's inspires her to resurrect the search for her father. She approaches Alexis about the subject, but is immediately and emphatically cut off, as Alexis would rather not revisit the painful circumstances that surrounded the conception of her daughter during her college years. A bit put off, Sam decides to vent to her roided goiter of a husband, who responds with his typical brain dead lack of interest. After realizing that she's been talking to a wall, Sam slinks out of their penthouse and decides to take a walk to clear her head.

While on that walk, she runs into McBain, who immediately senses that all is not well and immediately asks her what is wrong. She spills about her fears of never knowing who her father is and he immediately lets her know that he is willing to help her. Despite discouragement from Alexis and non-interest from Jasus, Sam is determined to find the piece of the missing puzzle of her life and immediately accepts McBain's help. They embark on a summer adventure to find her father and eventually find out who and where he is. After a pep talk from McBain, Sam gathers up the courage to introduce herself to her father (played by Vincent Irizarry). He, who had no idea that he even had a daughter with his old college love, Alexis, is thrilled that he not only has a chance to reunite with her again, but that he has who he considers a wonderful young woman as his daughter.

Sam and her father part with the promise that he will visit her in Port Charles soon. Overjoyed that she finally found the missing piece to the puzzle that is her life, she thanks McBain profusely and realizes that he is the first man in a while that cared about how she was doing. Torn by her (misguided) loyalty to her roided goiter of a husband and McBain, she questions whether she, in fact, deserves better than the one-sided marriage that she signed herself up for. Once she arrives home, she sees that nothing has changed at the penthouse - Spinelli is still hanging around like an annoying tick, Sonny is still his narcissistic asshat self, Slagbeast is still funking up everything she touches, and Jasus continues to allow this to happen. Sam asks him if he isn't sick of dealing with the same crap year in and year out and he asks who put those ideas in her head. It is then that Sam has a lightbulb moment and realizes that Jasus doesn't value her the way that she needs to be valued. Though she isn't sure if McBain is what she is looking for, she comes to the conclusion that she has outgrown Jasus' crap and that if she can find the courage to find her father, then she can gather it up and leave Jasus behind.

She does this and heads towards Alexis' house to inform her that she is getting a divorce. Upon her arrival, Alexis lights into her for searching and finding her father against her wishes. (It seems that Sam's father was able to find Alexis' office number and called her to talk.) Sam wants to know why Alexis was so dead set against it and Alexis finally tells Sam the whole story of how her college love began and ended. Saddened for causing her mother pain, Sam apologizes at the same time that Alexis does for not willing to put her feelings aside to help her daughter. They hug until the doorbell rings and Sam goes to get it. Secretly thrilled to see her newfound father at the other side of the door, she makes a hasty exit so that she can leave her parents alone to hash out their issues.

Even though Alexis is determined to not get swept up in the myth of her college romance, the sparks between her and Sam's father are undeniable. Sensing her hesitation, he invites her out for a cup of coffee so that they can catch up on everything. Alexis doesn't know where things will go from here, but she accepts, as it certainly wouldn't hurt to spend a bit of time with the handsome man that has returned into her life....

• Members

Morgan's gay storyline for sure. I want him to come back to boarding school already having his first sexual experience and it have been with a guy

Sam's father needs to finally be revealed.

Id revitalize the Qs and Id transition Tracy into being the matriarch of the clan. Id have Ned recasted for sure and bring either Brook, Dillon or both of them back. Strengthening the Qs would also lead me to....

Bring back Jax and Skye as a couple. He's completely done with and over Carly and ready to move forward with Skye. Kate loses control of her half of the MetroCourt and Skye gets it instead. The three of them (Carly, Jax and Skye) run it together but the latter try and find ways to push Carly out.

Id maintain Skye's relationship with Edward and one twist Id reveal is that AJ is alive. She's known for a while but kept it secret bc he wasnted it that way. He felt bad for the way he went out and didnt want to be a further dissapointment to his family nor hurt Michael by forcing himself in his life. Maybe Michael coming down with a deadly illness could be the springboard to him coming out of hiding

• Members

I love the Tracy idea. She is such a compelling character, and would work out great as the head bitch in charge of the Q's, ELQ, and the GH Board. I would hate to see John Ingle go again, but it is not like we are sidelining David Lewis. Maybe he can soften after a life threatening ordeal and fill the spot of counter-balance to Tracy that our once sweet Lila did. Ned, Dillon, their significant others, and Brook Lynn could fill out some of the ranks. Along with Skye and a teenage Lila Rae (because let's face it, they are not going to bring a real-time aged child back to the canvas), the Q Mansion would feel like home again.

Having AJ come home would be a great mystery. Are there any outstanding criminal charges against him, I forget. There may be a necessary story stretch to ge thim re-acclimated to society.

Archived