Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

The Nicki Minaj Thread

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

The Nicki Minaj Thread

Posted Image

I didn't see a topic for her here.

I ADORE Nicki. I think she is genuinely talented, and Pink Friday might be my favorite album of 2010.

What are your thoughts on MizzNicki?

Edited by SoapBoy94, 27 February 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#2 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,275 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

I like her music. I have 3 songs from her album on my Ipod.

Edited by Soapsuds, 25 February 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#3 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

I just find her a breath of fresh air.

#4 Adam

Adam

ALL MY CHILDREN: 1970-2011, 2013-present

• Members
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

I just find her a breath of fresh air.

I agree! The rap industry is so oversaturated with male rappers (which for the most part I cannot stand), but very few female rappers seem to be able to fit in and actually be successful. Missy Elliott for a few good years there managed to stay in prime focus, I really enjoyed her as well. I really dig her sound and some of her lyrics are amazing. The only song on Pink Friday I don't really enjoy is her collaboration with Eminem. I am in love with Girls Fall Like Dominoes right now and Moment 4 Life is getting alot of play in my ipod right now as well.

#5 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

I am not a fan of commercial hip-hop, but Nicki seems like a very genuine person and the music she makes has a very wide appeal where if you don't like hip-hop, you can still appreciate it and enjoy it for what it is.

I like that Nicki and her personality seems to come from her heart. She's not animated for the sake of being animated, I feel like her persona is really a part of who she is.

She hasn't gotten to the overly contrived state that Lady Gaga is in yet, and for her and her fans, I hope she never does.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 25 February 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#6 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,397 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

I like Nicki Minaj a lot.

But LOL there are so many videos on YouTube where people express why they hate Nicki Minaj, they always make me LMAO. Like check out this one recent vid, lol!!

#7 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYONCE

• Members
  • 9,594 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Love her. Moment 4 Life and Roman's Revenge are my faves on her cd.

#8 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

I am not a fan of commercial hip-hop, but Nicki seems like a very genuine person and the music she makes has a very wide appeal where if you don't like hip-hop, you can still appreciate it and enjoy it for what it is.

I like that Nicki and her personality seems to come from her heart. She's not animated for the sake of being animated, I feel like her persona is really a part of who she is.

She hasn't gotten to the overly contrived state that Lady Gaga is in yet, and for her and her fans, I hope she never does.

Yeah, I agree... I am not really an overly huge hip-hop fan, but I seem to be attracted to her style... I think she really is something fresh and authentic. Its really cool.

#9 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

ICAM agree more, Adam. She has great lyrics, and something about her voice is infectious. I also loved Missy.

Spencer, those videos make me LMAO too. I don't care what people say. Nicki is the Queen right now. She knows how to be creative and different without being fake (cough cough...GAGA).

#10 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,397 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

I like the different voices she uses while singing & the way she performs. Not a fan of her dancing, though. Also, her ass....WTH. Not complaining, lol, but she needs to just admit that there are like 75 implants in there already. I hated her response which was "People will pick anything to talk about, and that happens to be the thing at the moment." Posted Image

#11 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

I think I figured out another reason why this girl appeals to me, her rap style is very similar to Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopes of TLC (may she rest in peace). I loved TLC growing up in the late 90's and especially connected with Lisa.

#12 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,641 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

I used to HATE her with a passion and thought she tried way too hard. Now I LOVE Nicki Minaj. Her album is really catchy and fun and I LOVE all her wigs!

You cant do a Nicki thread with no pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Cheap21, 26 February 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#13 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

I used to HATE her with a passion and thought she tried way too hard. Now I LOVE Nicki Minaj. Her album is really catchy and fun and I LOVE all her wigs!

You cant do a Nicki thread with no pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

She definitely is using Lady GaGa as a bit of an inspiration or a spring board for some of her outlandish fashion choices. I actually think Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj would be an awesome collaboration. They really would bounce well off one another. I can see it happening.

#14 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,397 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

I would love A Nicki Minaj/Lady Gaga collabortation! That is an amazing idea! I could see it happening as well, hopefully some time this year...I want to see them perform together at the VMA's ...

This is my fav pic of Nicki!!

Posted Image

#15 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

Love the pics Cheap! I was going to post some but.....I forgot, LOL.

#16 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,627 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

I like Nicki's music too. I remember hearing her for the first time on the "5 Star Bitch" remix and was like, "Who is this chick? She's pretty good." LOL

I agree, Pink Friday is a pretty good album.

My favorites are:
- "Girls Fall Like Dominoes,"
- "Fly"
- "Moment 4 Life
- "Check It Out"
- "Blazin"
- "Dear Old Nicki"
- "Last Chance"
- "Super Bass"

#17 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,641 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

God i love her.

#19 WTGH

WTGH

Connoisseur

• Members
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

She had a feud with Lil' Kim?

#20 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,641 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

She had a feud with Lil' Kim?

Yep. I cant rememebr how it started. Nicki did some interview and said somethnig like "all you chicks that been in the game, move out the way" Kim said that was very disrespecful and claims that Nicki stole her style. She then released a diss single, called "Black Friday" which was a jab at Nicki's album, Pink Friday. Nicki ignored her and didnt say much for months and then finally responded with this last Nov.

"Every time you in the news, it’s ‘cause you gettin’ at somebody! Where’s your music? Put your music out, and when I see your name on Billboard, that’s when I’ll respond to you. Other than that, goodbye. It’s Barbie, bitch.”

“When you see Gaga, you see Madonna—but Madonna never hated on Gaga," said Nicki. "Why in the Black community we gotta hate on each other instead of saying 'Thank you for showing me love, thank you for keeping my name alive?' The same way she opened doors for me, I’m opening doors for her. Nobody was playin your music and you damn sure couldn’t get an interview to save your life. You getting interviews and every time you do interviews they’re asking you about Nicki Minaj. So it’s like we help each other. That’s the point, we’re helping each other. But if you are bitter, get a life."

http://rapfix.mtv.co...-97-get-a-life/

I loved how Nicki handled herself. Lil Kim just comes across as washed up and bitter and using Nicki to keep herself relevant. A diss single? What is this? 1995? She's too old for this mess

Posted Image

Love this shot of Nicki!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users