More Days News from SOD

• Members

I hope you are kidding. I could sit here and write a novel about how much I adore Matt and Missy. Missy is the reason why I started watching Days in 1986. I was beyond thrilled when DAYS went for broke and paired them together in 1989. I was so depressed when MA was fired in 93 and when Reeves decided to leave in 1995 (for reasons which I want to forget but can't :-( ). They are DAYS for me and the show will NEVER be the same without them - no matter how good the show, hopefully, is becoming.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Super report, PR and thanks for posting.

It's great news about Ashley staying and finding a new guy for her. Actually, I was stunned today when they paired her with EJ and his behaving like a young 20s trying to impress her. Raised all sorts of questions. Isn't another soap doing a romance with a great number of years difference in the characters? Maybe nothing, but why have the scene?

The very best news since Steve and Kayla's return is that we can dare to hope for the return of the Phoenix. Super.

I loved Kim and Shane and hope they do get some screen time at least so we can rejoice to see them and maybe their son will come with them. It would be the best, too, if Michael, Robin and Jeremy could come home to Salem.

• Members

Certainly not, Evan. ;)

I've seen lots on this board who aren't happy about them leaving. More so about Matt than Missy since she left by choice. Matt & Stephen's scenes got a great reception on all boards actually so I think the vast majority feel Corday has squandered an opportunity BIG TIME with those two.

• Members

I would love to have Patsy and Charles back as Kim and Shane. Especially Shane with Steve's story probably being the big umbrella story of the fall season. Bo, John and the rest of the Bradys will get involved with this.

I just can't wait until all this A/C/S/L and S/P/B/M stuff is done. The good thing is is that when those two stories are on, it only takes me thirty minutes to watch the show.

FF buttons are one of mankinds greatest creations. :D

• Members

Ponz, sorry I forgot you - a much better advocate for Matt Ashford than I could ever hope to be.

I always love your comments on this board and other ones. :D

Everyone, sorry for the rant today - Corday makes me so mad! :lol::lol:

• Members

Cordays interviews are always so translucent. So obvious that Stefano is back (according to the "insiders" and now this?); Kim and Shane is ideal! This show needs its "originality" and its core back. These familiar faces will bring it. Even if it is recurring. I think the show is freeing a lot of budget so these guys should be a welcome addition.

Glad that Ashley is staying... I knew something about this contradictory reports seemed wrong. So far everything is set for an amazing DAYS comeback... I can't wait for it to happen.

• Members

Put it this way... I will miss Matt and Missy big time when they leave, but if they had been given some really good material while they were together (instead of the crap they had to shovel) maybe Missy wouldn't have left. Thanks, JER... and never darken Days' doorstep again.

• Members

I don't hate Corday either but if he is stupid enough to fire Matt (who I will miss because of the potential but not the end of the world for me), recast Mickey again (although it doesn't bother me that much but there is potential in just removing Mickey for good), and to not pair Max and Abby which is the best way to go then I must agree that the man is not fully in tune with the fans. He always tends to do the right thing too late like this time JER and in the past with Langan. It will probably take forever for him to get the idea that fans want the SFX gone. Corday isn't horrible but he needs to improve on his decision-making and his rationale in making choices or choosing not to make a choice.

I will just say that Stefano is SO coming back. That couldn't be more obvious :lol: .

• Members

Okay, I read the full interview and it's a big load of nothing.

Could Stefano be the gloved hand?

Possibly.

Could Kim and Shane return?

Possibly

Could Mickey be recast?

Possibly.

Some really enlightening answers from Kenny.

PS: Thanks for posting it anyway, PR. :)

• Members

I won't miss Missy, but I think Matt should have been kept.

Exactly!

This is true, but I think adding Kim and Shane will defeat the purpose in scaling back on the cast and saving money.

I'm fairly sure that Hogan will want to create new characters along the way. Salem is in desperate need of a new family.

Archived