Former "The Parkers" star / United Airlines scandal

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

I can't believe NO ONE has commented on this.

My heart broke for Mo'nique when the story broke on "ET."

If you're unfamiliar, check out the following links:

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&c...;cid=1108240708

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&c...;cid=1108243371 :(

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to add: why hasn't anyone commented on Mo'Nique's DISASTROUS "View" appearance? She was great but Babs Walters KILLED her, figuratively speaking. I saw a video of the whole mess but you can glean Bab's biggest cuts in the afore-posted "Defamer" news article.

Basically,

Babs said, 'you come and go, we stay'

She calls Mo's kids "creatures" and

she FORCED Mo to show her unshaven legs.

What a ___ ___ing ____. (Fill in the blanks)

• Members

Wow, you actually filled in the blanks! I'm too kind. But those are my sentiments exactly. I mean, what isher problem? And I suppose acting this way means she will NEVER be a serious journalist again because being so outwardly !@#$%^&*]Y, if not racist, is a huge credibility killer.

• Members

I say we start a grassroots campaign FORCING Babs to apologize.

I mean, this is like Donny Osmond who was forced to apologize for whateverthatwashedid on the Rosie Show. This is SERIOUS.

I DEMAND accountablity.

I DEMAND an apology.

I DEMAND that Babs NOT get away with this.

I DEMAND justice.

Everyone, I URGE you to write ABC and tell them we will NOT stand for these scathing, undignified remarks.

Please.

Do it for justice.

• Members

This is why I don't watch The View. It's nothing but a !@#$%^&*]fest. And as I much as I can't stand Star Jones, I love Mo'Nique. She is a positive role model for black women and big women. So, is Barbara taking out her hatred on Star towards Mo'Nique? If so, that is just wrong.

As for the plane incident, it sure seems both parties lacked skills on how to handle this situation. I know flight attendants have to be careful for the safety of other passengers, but if they had the attitude Mo'Nique claims, that wasn't the right way to handle it. Also, travelers, famous or not, should know they have a job to do. It's a no-win situation.

• Members

I don't wathc the view anymore. I can't believe that Mo'Nique took all that crap from Barbara Walters.

As for the plane incident... Poor judgemnet on both parts. I'm not sure she has a strong enough case for a lawsuit, but she's a strong enough voice to get a boycott and that can really do some damage to United.

• Members

Mo'Nique had enough to endure while on that plane, she didn't need to have Barbara Wah-Wah embarrassing her too... After seeing her on Inside Edition, I personally don't know why Mo'Nique would want to even consider taking a spot on the View if offered... Barbara is going to do to her just as she did to Star Jones.

• Members

Isn't that just fabulous 'irony'?! Mo'Nique cries racism on a plane when she played a racist fight attendant in the crude, trashy Box Office flick, "Soul Plane," which insulted not only Arabs, but Blacks as well.

Not saying that is ANY excuse for her being treated the way she was on that flight, but hopefully, this will make her think about the roles she takes from now on.

I still like Mo'Nique, but I have never been able to look at anyone in the cast of that God-awful movie the same way again.

• Members

I know the difference between satire and just downright exploitation. There was nothing remotely redeeming about Soul Plane. It was like a group of black people got together and decided to cash in on their stereotypes just because. And the depiction of Gays, Whites, and Arabs was far worse.

It's one thing to have humor about about race/sexual orientation that is funny because it comes from a place that makes sense. Another to have humor about such topics just to be racist or homophobic.

As I said earlier, Mo'Nique did NOT deserve this. But I hope she looks back at her role in Soul Plane as something that could have been a springboard for such racist thoughts.

Archived