DAYS: EJ speculation

• Members

I watched tomorrow's (Wednesday's) episode on satelite tonight. Kayla and Steve begin talking about Benjy Di Mera. Kayla tells Steve how she doesn't know where he is or what is going on with his life. The two talk about how if they could get a hold of Benjy, perhaps he could provide some answers regarding Steve's "death" back then.

I haven't heard of any new actor coming on screen, and with Kayla and Steve searching to discover Steve's past since his supposed death. Benjy is bound to enter the storyline. With the recent talk about Benjy while still not knowing EJ's true identity, I believe this is foreshadowing that EJ is Benjy Di Mera.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just read his history and it seems very likely. It would explain his attitude when his mother was mentioned by Sami in today's episode, too. He obviously had conflict about her and being as she is deceased, he may be back in Salem to get some answers of his own. However, I still believe he is tied to Stefano.

• Members

There may be something to this. On soaps, especially DAYS, when they mention characters out of the blue, said character usually pops up sooner or later.

As long as EJ doesn't turn out to be Elvis DiMera though. It would make you wonder what was in the water in England these days. :lol:

• Members

While it is true that if the mention a character on Days that character tends to pop up again I do remember how not that long ago there was alot of talk about JT and lots of speculation that he would come back into the scene with Zack dying but that has yet to happen.

I am kinda hoping this new writer won't be super predicatble like JER. Or create personal vendettas against the actors like Matt Ashford.

So did we ever figure out the future of Abby?

• Members

EJ as Benji would be a really cool twist, especially considering his romantic past with Stephanie.

Now I'm convinced he's Benji, but why the EJ part? Did Ernesto kidnap him after Patch and Kayla left the show and raise him as his own off-screen? After all, Ernesto probably survived the cage explosion if Hope and Greta did. Maybe he got Benji to groom as his heir as part of a deal with Stefano. Hope for Benji, that sort of thing.

• Members

Here's a little back story on Benjy...

Benjy Hawk-DiMera was the child of Stefano and Ellen Hawk. They had a brief relationship, and once Ellen found out all about Stefano she fled with him. Stefano caught up to them and had Ellen killed. Benjy was not born deaf, but he went deaf after being trapped in one of Stefano's homes when it exploded.

Kayla and Steve found Benjy while honeymooning in the Orient. They wanted to adopt him, but Stefano once again tried to come back in his life. Benjy ended up moving to Europe with his grandfather Orion Hawk, where he could be protected from Stefano.

• Members

I already said this once but...

I really think "E.J." is Elvis. I mean...Elvis and Brady were kids together and look how fast Brady grew up...Also, Susan fled to Europe with Elvis...E.J. is from Europe. And lastly, Kristen called him "John Jr."...Susan called him "Elvis"...Take the 'E' from Elvis and the 'J' from either John or Jr. and you get..."E.J."!!

• Members

That's actually a really good point! LOL! But Elvis would have to be aged like 21 years on top of the nine years old he actually is to be in the 30 year old age range that E.J. is. That would be the biggest SORAS in the history of daytime!

Archived