THE VIEW: The Claws Come Out!

Mitchapalooza

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bree and Danni, I don't think Mariah wants anyone to feel sorry for her. I just think she wants to make good music. And if you check the album sales, she does! :)

And even if she plays up the biracial angle, it's no different from Eminem playing up the fact that he is a white rapper, or any of the other rappers, black or white, who have "street cred." She can't help that people ask her the question about her multi-racial background.

I saw that after I read your post Britney and, yeah, she is gonna give it to Bitsy. I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to break her contract with ABC by the end of the first week. She's strongly opinionated, but I bet she'll break down and cry with Joy AND Rosie attacking her. Hehehehe.

I think the BEST strategy at this point would be for Star to lean as right in her convictions as she can(she does on a few issues anyway) and align herself with Bitsy, so they can at least be each other's allies.

• Members

LOL.. I wouldn't blame Laura Bush for taking medication...look who she's married to. :lol: I don't have a problem w/ the First Lady, but she does look very "plastic"...almost like a Stepford Wife.

Elisabeth definitely started it. You can tell that Sandra doesn't want to start anything big. I wonder if Elisabeth was just PMSing b/c that's what it looks like. Sometimes when I have PMS, I provoke a fight just to argue w/ people...sounds stupid, but that's definitely what this reminded me of.

• Members

Once again, started WHAT?!!! :lol: I really don't see the big deal with this clip. Now, if we have another incident like the infamous Star Jones "!@#$%^&*]" clip, THEN we'll have something. But I heard no expletives, no fur (or hair extensions) flew, and it was otherwise just a minor (not even blip on the radar!) spat.

• Members

Oh, man. Immediately after her divorce from Tommy Mottola and she was starting to work with Puffy, Mase, etc. She was like, "It's so hard being me. People complain that I'm not black enough. People complain that I'm not white enough. I just really want to get in touch with my black side..."

• Members

Based on what I had heard and read about Mariah and Tommy, I was under the impression that Tommy wanted Mariah's music to be strictly "pop and mainstream." Tommy didn't care for rap music and didn't want Mariah to be associated with rappers. Mariah grew up listening to hip-hop but Tommy was a very controlling husband and she did what he told her to do. When they divorced, Mariah took creative control over her career and began making music that she wanted to do.

I also noticed that after Mariah and Tommy split, Mariah has, for lack of a better word, "associated" herself more with Black culture than she did when she was Mrs. Motolla. It was always my suspicion that Tommy wanted Mariah to "down-play her ethnicity." Still to this day I know of White people who refuse to believe Mariah is half-Black, and Black people who believe Mariah is only "touting her Blackness" for street cred.

• Members

The "!@#$%^&*]" comment is NOTHING compared to this. Star and Joy know each other and work together DAY IN and DAY OUT.

Barbara was commenting on Sandra's girlfriend,when Elisabeth stuck her big fat Republican spoon and said if her girlfriend is as vocal as politics as she is.

When Sandra replied that she was, it was Elisabeth who said she couldn't live with someone like her then.

The conversation had NOTHING to do with politics until Hassel!@#$%^&*] brought them to the table.

• Members

Exactly. I thought it was widely known that Mariah was multiracial. I mean, she appeared on Arsenio and BET for crying out loud. How more multi-ethnic can you get?!

I agree that Mottolla probably wanted Mariah to downplay her ethnicity. But, to me, that wasn't even an issue to begin with. I always knew she was mutiracial. The only thing I hate she lost in her split to Mottolla and Columbia was Walter Afanasieff. They made some beautiful love ballads together. But from what I've heard, their split was indeed mutual.

Mariah will never win for losing. Because people who hate her(like Sandra Bernhardt) will always find something to !@#$%^&*] about. Whether it's her ethnicity, her classy, yet, skimpy clothes or her "street cred."

The girl just wants to make music(and movies) and be happy. And she is.

JERSoapsFan, are you a regular fan of THE VIEW? I didn't catch this particular episode, however, I know what's considered a !@#$%^&*]fest and what isn't, and this one totally was.

First, you had Starzilla telling Sandra(after Sandra mocked her. hehehe) "I'm too pretty to get into a fight with you today." *HISS*

Then the Bitsy thing, where she says, "Hey honey yourself!" *HISS* Joy knew someone was gonna get hurt.

For them to go off on their guests like this is totaly inappropriate. And without Meredith to anchor them, this show is gonna sink into the depths of television hell. I call it trainwreck TV(grabs a glass of OJ and a muffin).

• Members

Wow, WorldTurns, now THAT is more like it! :lol:

Did I just watch the wrong video clip? Because this sounds like GREAT soap!! :wub:

I should add: All I saw was Sandra say something to the effect of Laura Bush being "heavily medicated," and that's when Hassy went on about her noble work for children's issues. See, THAT's all I saw. Now, where are you all seeing the GOOD stuff?!!!

:o

This all sounds GREAT!!

Now the BIG question:

Why was NONE of this on the clip I saw? You tell it so well, bell!

• Members

That hasselback hoe needs to sit her ass down. How out of line is it to !@#$%^&*] at your guest? She should be smacked for that whole "dont call me honey...honey yourself" comment. STFU, no one likes u.

Archived