June 5-9, 2006

Toups

• Members

In 1995, a few of my fave AMC actors had left and were leaving - so I read all the ruckus about the real-Bo returning and I tuned in for that. DOOL managed from that time on to overtake AMC in the ratings for 2nd/3rd place, started getting gradual #1 in 18-49 ratings and it became consistent by 8 months later (as well as a consistent #2 in HH). From that AUGUST week on they've been #1 in 18-34 for over 99% of the time. If they do any type of justice to the return here, they might get similar juice. The only thing Nichols/Evans have against them here is that they sucked together as different characters on GH and maybe the time constraint (it's been 15-16 years) - they have a really good writer coming in and by some miracle the see-each-other reunion is not going to be dragged out and they are one of the top 2-3 supercouples ever in daytime - there's a following there.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn these numbers are so bad for Days. They better hope the rating go up next week cause if not, then there is a problem.

I have to say though, that I have been so busy that I haven't caught a episode of Days in about a month. I just keep up through spoilers, and what not.

• Members

Yeah, DAYS and NBC did not promote the return well enough at all.

Well, this sucks. Friday was a great show. It goes to prove that DAYS has gotten to the point where quality might not matter anymore. It could be the best soap on the air and still get shitty ratings. Friday's was the best episode of the week, and the best episode in a while (until 3 days later when Monday aired.)

As for Passions, it deserves to be lower. This Vendetta [!@#$%^&*] sucks. It should be a lot lower.

Y&R really roped me the first few weeks. Lynn Latham and I are a good fit. She's done the impossible and got me to like Y&R. But the show is kinda losing steam now so I'm not surprised it fell a bit.

• Members

People probably assumed Steve would be the tag and didn't have to watch until Monday. I bet Monday show is good and they need to promote Steve and Jack and get Hogan here and hurry. End these pathetic story and move on and end the disgusting Jen and Frankie. They have done nothing but bring ratings down.

i have never believe him or her

If they announce they have a new writer people may tune it too. I first feared S&K and Jack return because of Reilly and I firmly believe gross Frankie and Jen and keep Bope apart keeps viewers away.

• Members

Well many of the Jack fans said that if they brought Jack back they would tune back in. They said him being off was the reason they weren't watching. He came back and ratings still didn't increase. So who knows. We will just have to see. As I have said we Days fans are so unpredictable.

Not only that but NBC didn't help matters any either for Steve and Kayla's return by angering the Jarlena fan base. Corday and JER and Hogan (whoever made the decision) were stupid. They know these fanbases are out there but yet they take the chance of hurting the ratings by completely taking out one of the biggest fan bases during a big return to the show. And a time they need good ratings.

I think they are banking really big on Steve and Kayla's return. I personally think it would be funny if it flopped.

• Members

Does anyone know if there were any premeptions last Friday? I remember someone posting here last week that some places may miss Days on Friday and it may be broadcast at a different time. I know the French OPen was on here and was over at 1:00 so I got Days but on the West Coast there may have been premptions so that may be why the 2.3 rating on Friday. If there was preemptions last Friday, I am very worried about this week's ratingss with the US Open wreaking havoc on Days and Passions.

• Members

Here are the Insights. There isn't any mention of pre-emptions

Daytime Insights for the week of June 5, 2006

ABC led the week in women 18-49 rating (1.7), followed by NBC/CBS (1.5). Note NBC was ahead of CBS

in women 18-49 impressions (993,000 for NBC vs. 985,000 for CBS). NBC and ABC shared the lead in

women 18-34 (1.4), with NBC ahead in impressions (453,000 for NBC vs. 446,000 for ABC). CBS was in

3rd place in women 18-34 (1.1). ABC was #1 in women 25-54 rating (1.9), ahead of CBS (1.8) and NBC

(1.6).

Compared to the prior 37 weeks of the season, NBC was down -0.3 in women 18-34, down -0.1 in women

18-49, and flat in women 25-54. CBS was down -0.1 in women 18-34 and flat in women 18-49/25-54

versus the past 37 weeks.

ABC was up +0.1 in women 18-34, flat in women 18-49, and down -0.2 in women 25-54 versus its 37-week

averages. ABC delivered its lowest women 25-54 rating in eight weeks (when it also posted a 1.9 in

the demo). GENERAL HOSPITAL fell to its lowest women 25-54 rating in ten weeks (when it also posted

a 2.1 in the demo).

In women 18-49, DAYS OF OUR LIVES (1.8) ranked #2 (tied with ALL MY CHILDREN, GENERAL HOSPITAL, andONE LIFE TO LIVE). PASSIONS (1.2) ranked #10 in women 18-49 (tied with GUIDING LIGHT and PRICE ISRIGHT I), down from #9 last week. Among women 18-34, DAYS (1.6) was #1 (tied with YOUNG & THE

RESTLESS), ranking first in the demo for the 558th week out of 565 weeks that it aired. PASSIONS

(1.2) ranked 6th in women 18-34 rating (tied with PRICE IS RIGHT II). For women 25-54, DAYS (1.9)

ranked #6, down from #5 last week. PASSIONS (1.2) ranked #12 in women 25-54 rating. DAYS and

PASSIONS rank #1 and #2 in women 18-34 for the STD (PASSIONS tied with YOUNG & THE RESTLESS and

GENERAL HOSPITAL).

For the season to date, in women 18-34, NBC (1.7) is down -0.5 with ABC (1.3) down -0.1 and CBS

(1.2) flat versus the comparable period last year. In women 18-49, NBC (1.6) is down -0.3, while

CBS (1.5) is down -0.1 and ABC (1.7) is down -0.2. For women 25-54, NBC (1.6) and ABC (2.1) are

down -0.2, with CBS (1.8) down -0.1.

For 2q06 to date, in women 18-34, NBC (1.6) is down -0.4, with CBS (1.2) up +0.1 and ABC (1.3) flat

versus the comparable period last year. In women 18-49, NBC (1.6) is down -0.1, CBS (1.5) is flat,

and ABC (1.7) is down -0.2. For women 25-54, NBC (1.6) is flat, CBS (1.8) is down -0.1, and ABC

(2.0) is down -0.3.

Effective with data for 12/26/05, daytime insights will be based on Live+Same Day Ratings. Averages

for intervals which span this date are based on a combination of pre-DVR data, Live + 7, and

Live+Same Day.

DVR sample as of 6/11/06: 524 homes (6.4% of sample)

• Members

I don't think there is any worst way to introduce a character, beloved, and believed to have been dead for 16 years than the anti-climactic way that DAYS did. Aside from the lack of promotion, where was the mystery, intrigue? JER used to do better than that, but IMO, any soap could have done it better than that.

Archived